Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know who owns this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donzie, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Donzie

Donzie

I DO!! (ok, it was trick question).
    As of Sunday afternoon anyway. We delivered the tub to Dearborn and picked up the coupe from MrGasser in Royal Oak.
    Other than dropping in the 327 from the tub and a few minor changes, it should be on the street in no time (well, as long as the roads have ben plowed).
    And I'm still STOKED!!

Attached Files:

2. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

HEY!!! WHAT THE ***??? My car's missing from my driveway!!!

3. Donzie

Donzie

Randy, we rang the bell, really, we did.

4. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Donnie,
    Do you get a clear title with that thing [​IMG] You know how those Detroiters can take advantage of us country folk. [​IMG] The Torrid Torquers will be over in the morning to see it [​IMG] IMHO you got a real good deal. Randy will miss that ride but I'm sure he has something cool in the wings.

5. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i ABSOLUTELY KNEW you were goa say that. i saw the title and saw your name and i just KNEW you had bought Randy's car. i've got you all figured out man [​IMG]

6. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

[ QUOTE ]

Randy will miss that ride but I'm sure he has something cool in the wings.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHEEEOOT! Randy has SEVERAL somethings cool waiting in the wings [​IMG]. hey Randy, when you get sick of the Rivi in the garage i got dibs [​IMG]

7. Donzie

Donzie

No foolin' you Mike. Everyone says yer smarter than you look. [​IMG]

8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

you got that right. like right now while i'm screwin off on the HAMB, i got the wife pullin up the tack strip in the bathroom. i can hear her hammering away [​IMG]. we are pulling the carpet out and replacing it with vinyl. who's bright idea was it to put carpet in the BATHROOM anyway?? [​IMG] not too bright.

9. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

...wait a minute,...are hunnert dollar bills supposed to have Bill Clinton's face on 'em?...

10. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

UM??? YEAH!! at least thats what Donzie told me [​IMG].. man, i can't believe you sold your car to him for a hundred bucks. i would'nt have givin you fifty for it [​IMG] [​IMG] LOL....

11. What! Randy sold that car? He was just storing it for somebody. [​IMG]That dudes is gonna be pissed when he gets out [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Man, you swapped the tub and some Benjamins for that?!?

You just moved up in the hot rod world.

Awesome car! I love it. Congratulations.

JH

13. hatch

hatch
    from house

Nice car Donzie....should be perfect for Michigan driving....seeing how the body is fiberglass.....Is that fake patina on it??? [​IMG] [​IMG](lets cut the roof off!!!)

Attached Files:

14. Well, the good news is the tub is that much closer to me... [​IMG]

Jay

15. Donzie

Donzie

I like it Hatch. Bring the sawzall when you come over. [​IMG]

16. jdubbya

jdubbya

I hope you got a deal, cuz if I remember...the brake lights weren't working and something was rattling up in Birch Run. [​IMG] Congrats Donnie, I have always been a fan of Randy's car, it should be alot of fun for you!

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well it's no '47 olds convert, but I guess it will do for a michigan "BOY" [​IMG]

18. beatnik

beatnik

Very cool Donzie, I'll be going over to Tim's some time this week to check out his T-Coupe, now I get to see the Tub as well.

I can see it now uncle Fat Hack crusing the kids around our local cruise spot in the tub.

19. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Hey! The brake light problem was just a fuse, and that rattling was a stupid, METRIC bolt,(I don't know how that got in there!), that came out of the fan shroud!...don't be hate-n!

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

So what are your plans for it? I think the vert idea looks good,, to bad someone does make a retrofit kit to convert them over to folding top....

21. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

CUT OFF THE ROOF???? [​IMG] i thought the reason for sellin the tub was to get a hot rod that you could drive in less than perfect weather [​IMG]?!?!?!

at least now we have something NEW to tease you about... "HEY, is'nt that RANDY'S car??" LOL [​IMG]
    just wait till your KUSTOM is done. i got some ideas for that "Hot Rod" too. time to spent THE REST of you retirement fund [​IMG].... MUUUUUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Even cutting off the roof won't stop it from being RANDY'S car. Better kick Kustombuilder in the ass and get that Chevy done. At least then all we can accuse you of is being a CHECKBOOK RODDER instead of trying to ride the coat tails of a FAMOUS Deeeeeeeeetroit rodder. hehehe!!!

Frank

23. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Frank,...you're too kind,...no, really...

24. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Hey Donnie,
    If I recall Randy is just a "little" bit taller that you. So how is the seat height? Can you see over the streering wheel or do ya have to look through it. [​IMG]

25. Donzie

Donzie

[ QUOTE ]
    Very cool Donzie, I'll be going over to Tim's some time this week to check out his T-Coupe, now I get to see the Tub as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Gus, that T coupe is awesome!!
    Do me a favor and takes some pics (I forgot to take my camera).

26. Donzie

Donzie

[ QUOTE ]
    Even cutting off the roof won't stop it from being RANDY'S car. Better kick Kustombuilder in the ass and get that Chevy done. At least then all we can accuse you of is being a CHECKBOOK RODDER instead of trying to ride the coat tails of a FAMOUS Deeeeeeeeetroit rodder. hehehe!!!
    Frank

[/ QUOTE ]
    What's wrong with owning a car that belonged to someone famous? I suppose you'd pass up a chance to own a Barris car, huh?
    Frank, you should be thankful for "checkbook rodders". [​IMG]

27. Donzie

Donzie

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Donnie,
    If I recall Randy is just a "little" bit taller that you. So how is the seat height? Can you see over the streering wheel or do ya have to look through it. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually, being shorter will have an advantage. My head won't hit the roof when I hit a bump, so I won't have to wear one of the scarves on my head to keep from getting spider webs in my hair. [​IMG]

28. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

So that's what those scavers are for [​IMG] Very good Donnie.
    Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday we can meet for lunch if the other guys get healthy.

29. Donzie

Donzie

Sounds good Rich.

30. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Hey that is just too cool!! I am gonna have one just like that .