Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know where I can get spindle washers 4 Ford spindles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SamIyam, Sep 4, 2003.

1. I can't find them locally... you know, the big washer with the tab on it...
    Anyone know where I can order a couple of them on-line?
    Thanks in advance!
    Sam.

2. BigJim394

BigJim394

3. Try the Dorman bolt, nut & stuff assortment at your parts house.

4. av8

av8

Sacto Vintage and All-Ford in Campbell have 'em.

5. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Sam, once when I needed one; (in desperation) I took a plate washer that had a hole the same diameter as the "tab" (had the other one as a pattern) and filed out the rest of the hole to slip on the spindle. (not a fun task)

6. Sam, FYI. I've discovered there are two different sizes- a smaller OD that's used with the tap-in dustcover-type hub ('42-later I think), and a larger OD to use with screw-in dustcover-type hubs. Obviously the smaller can be used with both types but not viceversa.

7. carkiller

carkiller

If ya need I could mail ya a couple. Cal

8. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Did ya ever get dust covers for the spindle mounts on the BFD?

9. No... what I was thinking about was just having the washer there to keep most of the crap out...
    Sam.

10. <font color="red"> Try Speedway yet.......they got everything for them from NEKKID spindles to full sets and everything in between!

R E D M E A T </font>

11. [ QUOTE ]
    Sam, once when I needed one; (in desperation) I took a plate washer that had a hole the same diameter as the "tab" (had the other one as a pattern) and filed out the rest of the hole to slip on the spindle. (not a fun task)

[/ QUOTE ]

And right after he was done, he found the original one laying on the floor under the vise.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

C9, yer almost right. We were heading out on a rod run on a long weekend. Repacked the front bearings; couldn't find the second washer. Made the new one and took off on the run. Driving into the garage on return; spotted the "lost" one under the work bench where it had rolled!! [​IMG] [​IMG]