Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know what these are off of??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tokyo, Jan 28, 2007.

  1. I recently picked up some bolts that I plan on using for bumper bolts.

    However, the guy I got them from doesn't know what they fit but had a box of them. I picked up enough for me.

    They are about 3 inches long.

    Sorry for the fuzzy pic.


    Attached Files:

  2. wow, for a thick bumper? btt
  3. Squablow
    Joined: Apr 26, 2005
    Posts: 14,312


    Judging by the huge unthreaded area, I'd say they're pins for something. Perhaps for some hydraulic rams of some kind, so that there's an area for the ram or other moving part to rotate on, and the threaded part for a nut. Is there a hole in the threaded end to put a cotter pin or clip into?

    Alot of convertible tops use similar pins with part-threaded and part smooth shanks, and with a chrome head or stainless button cap head on them.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.