Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know this movie....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Delmo, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Yellow 57 chev 2 door hardtop with I believe yellow wheels and trim rings. Two dudes race it for money etc. They throw the nitrous to it like crazy. I remember they race these other guys and get beat down because they cheated and used the bottle. Must have been 25 years ago when I seen it. Return from_ _ _ county. Maybe?

2. rebstew187

rebstew187

it wasn't juice they hit . They were turning on the fuel injection setup. A little movie magic for the non knowing. Yellow 57 with Don Johnson and ?? return the macon county it was the remake. let me go get the tape and I'll make sure.

3. rebstew187

rebstew187

Return to Macon County
    Nick Nolte and Don Johnson
    copyright 1975 hope that helps
    cool flick

4. rebstew187

rebstew187

5. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Sweet... man it's been forever since I've seen it. i was totally diggin that ol chevy when I was a kid. Didn't know Don Johnson was in it. Really no nitrous?

6. rebstew187

rebstew187

They never showed a bottle but showed off the 50's style fuel injection. I may be wrong but I think they were acting like the button set off the injection. Don Johnson is very young in this. It must have been one of the first movies he played in. I always like the line he used to get the girl in the car.
    girl "what's your name? Don 'Hi Lover!" girl " Hi Lover?? Don" Hi doll jump in" And with that and a smile she jumped in. sounds better when they say it. lol
    Now you went and did it. I have to watch it. lol. I have a big collection of old movies. I'm into finding the old black and white flicks now. There are some good car movies out there, it's just finding them.

7. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Maybe that's what I remember is them hitting the button, just assumed it was the juice. LOL I'll have to try that line on the ol lady.

8. What did she call roadkill? "Sailkitties", or something? Because they were flat and you could sail them like a Frisbee. I can remember that shit but not the questions on my high school English final.

9. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

I saw it at the at a Houston drive-in with my step dad.

10. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Not to hijack this, but speakingof 57's anyone remember the "tales from the crypt" episode with Brad pitt, and the sheriff that was an ex drag racer "the Iceman" , corny as hell but fun to watch...

11. fuzzface

fuzzface

I seen that many years ago on tv and just watched it on you tube about 2 weeks ago again. I believe someone from here posted a link to it in some thread.

12. rebstew187

rebstew187

Yeah! That was one wicked 57. I use to have a taped copy but have no idea what happened to it. I guess it got taped over through the years.

13. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

"Sail-rabbits"!! :)

(Same chick from the movie "HOT ROD").

14. henry29

henry29

The actual movie car was on ebay about 5 years ago, it was really rough. I think it brought about 10K.

15. I Drag

I Drag

I taped it off TV years ago. A cool movie, interesting how such a good time slowly turns so bad. My favorite part is when they self-time the car and determine it runs 8's (!) in the quarter.

16. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Don Johnson's best film was a little cult classic called "A Boy and His Dog".

17. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

I still don't own 2 Lane Blacktop, I can't find a copy to buy.
    Anybody got a lead? DVD preferably.

18. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Or the first Catch me if you can ,with the 57 under the football field.

19. etxhfeg

etxhfeg
    from Sweden

20. Laurie Bird.

21. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I have that movie on DVD. PM me if you're interested.

22. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Laurie played the girl in "Two Lane Blacktop"

Robin Mattson played the girl in "Return to Macon County" and in "Hot Rod".

23. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

The `57 in Hollywood Knights was a much nicer one than Macon County. But it was more pro street type though, big block with blower. Was Hot Rod magazines Project X car...The 57 in macon was more HAMB material. But the one Tony Danza drove in Knights was a badazz car. The macons 57 was plain yellow and had a few flames behind tires...

Also, Two Lane Blacktop has the killer `55 gasser in it. Same `55 that was in American Graffiti. They didnt show the motor in Grafftiti though. because they didnt have big blocks in `62 is why. That `55 ran like low 10`s in the 1/4 in `72

Hot Rod is another movie that has a killer `41 Willys in it...Theres many good car flicks that have been made though...

24. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

ArtGeco PM me I have an extra store purchased VHS copy.
    I can sell you that, or burn you a cop of it to dvd.

Let me know. $10.00 for the vhs, or $7.00 dvd $2.00 to ship in usa.
    Tks, K&S

25. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

...Project X was "Popular Hot Rodding" magazine's project car...not "Hot Rod" magazine...

26. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I heard a rumor that the yellow 40 ford in Hollywood Knights (the sectioned and lowered one with the 8 track player) was built in my home town of Merced, ca. Anyone confirm? Also the black Chevy in both 2 Lane and Graffiti was a Richard Ruth car and was built in Merced.

as Bob Falfa says before goin to Paradise Road ........

27. ?but it was for sale on ebay a couple of weeks ago