Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone know this Custom Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatabone, Nov 21, 2011.

1. fatabone

fatabone

My buddy Tom just picked up this car and was wondering if anyone had any information about it. I know the last owner bought it from a guy from York PA.

Attached Files:

• tom3.jpg
      tom3.jpg
      File size:
      224.6 KB
      Views:
    • tom2.jpg
      tom2.jpg
      File size:
      135.9 KB
      Views:
    • tom1.jpg
      tom1.jpg
      File size:
      216.6 KB
      Views:
  2. I don't know the car, but I'm constantly amazed that cars like this after so much time and work and expence ever end up this way. Seriously, I don't get it. I'm sure someone will know the car........What a sad situation in one sense, and a great day for the new owner.....Best!

3. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

what year is it? Looks 46 thru 48.

4. '41

5. Bilt

Bilt

Thats my car and I lost it....can I have it back. Lol. That is a very cool custom and would be neat to find the history on it. Like why a custom like that was let go and allowed to rot away. I hope the new owner makes one killer custom with it!!! Those pictures are of the car getting picked up and not dropped off I hope.

6. customcory

customcory

I bet it had Cadillac headlight rings. Neat old custom!

7. fatabone

fatabone

From what we know the car has sat outside for years and yes the pics are from it being pulled out. A couple trees had to come down and a lot of brush, thorns and crap had to be moved to get it out. It's a 41 that had a lot of work put into it and from what we can tell it was on the road. There are old stickers inside the inner fenders and the firewall is pinstriped along with the headliner still intact. With the interior being done we figure this had to be a finished custom at one time.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Cool find,.... Personally,... for a 41-48 coupe custom,... I think it looks kinda "ginchy" :cool:,.. I'm not sure how I feel about the "A" pillar treatment, or the grill opening, But it seems to have a really cool profile. Good luck with the history.

9. plmczy

plmczy

Damn that looks pretty neet.

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

The poor ol thing looks like she's due for a little love and attention! Neat score .

11. fatabone

fatabone

I'll let him know about this but I doubt the car will get restored. Tom's just trying to find out the history of the car and go from there. To answer your other question they are cut coupe doors and yes it was deep in the weeds.

12. fatabone

fatabone

Charlie did someone tell you I bought a 41 convertable or did you just happen to mention that? It needs eveything but hey...It's a convertable.

Attached Files:

13. U-235

U-235

That certainly is a neet score...is there a story behind it on how you came to find it...?

14. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Looks like he has got his work cut out for him. Best of luck.

15. Rikster

Rikster

Very nice... Don't recognize it... but it should built into a very nice custom again. Please keep us posted on the progress.

16. RAY With

RAY With

It looks like a mess but the good part is thee is a lot to work with if you like the fat fendered fords like I do. I hope you can fine out when, who and where it was built because some one spent a lot of time on it.

17. mazdaslam

mazdaslam