Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone know this car 35 nash lafayette rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DexterDuck, Mar 17, 2019.

1. DexterDuck

DexterDuck

Anyone know this car 35 nash lafayette rod it is a new project I picked up from the San Diego area. Figure an 80s or 90s build it is a full custom chop top shaved must have had a big block in it air brushed Tasmanian devil painted under the hood. Hoping someone knows something about it or has pics or a magazine it was in. There were only 9300 lafayette's built in 1935 being seven models this is the special with a trunk a very rare bird. Please help would love to find out any info on it. The car was hit pretty hard plan on building without front fenders or hood. Also looking for drivers doors I think 1934 or 35 would fit but willing to look at all options as the doors I have need a lot of work. Thanks 0314191122a.jpg 0314191122c.jpg

OLDTINPUSHER and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Car like would be kinda odd without front fenders. Bet you could adapt some from something else and nobody would know. Hood or at least a top is pretty easy fab.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hnstray, lurker mick and Just Gary like this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Yea, I can't picture that any kind of good without fenders and hood. Since it's so rare, the fenders from some other orphan brand would be just fine with some slicing and dicing. Show us pics of the doors.

DexterDuck likes this.

4. DexterDuck

DexterDuck

Pics of the doors what you think how tough of rebuild? 0319191832.jpg 0319191833a.jpg 0319191833b.jpg 0319191833.jpg

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

DexterDuck likes this.
  6. DexterDuck

DexterDuck

Thanks mgtstumpy the pillar is not bad one small crease a bit bent around one lock but workable. I wonder what cost would be if anyone has any other metal workers to suggest i live in oregon but open to all options.

7. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Show us the bad side overall shot.

8. I believe you have a 1934. 35 models are much rounder. I had a 35

9. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

If it's like the 37 I had the kingpins are the same as Ford so you can use Ford spindles and get a disc brake kit for it.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another vote for fenders and hood on that car to do it right.
    Finding two good doors might be a challenge but you might find a pair with the top halves in good shape and do some mixing and matching.
    I can't remember what those A arms came on originally but that front suspension may be tweaked pretty bad if it hit that hard.

11. DexterDuck

DexterDuck

Sorry been out of town and cleaning up after the crazy snow we had. Here is a pic of the other side. Really just hit the doors and pushed the pillar in. It is registered as a 35 and all info found supports that but was the same as the 34 the lafayettes were there own make. I was hoping to find some other doors but not counting on it. 0331191237.jpg

mgtstumpy likes this.
  12. Rick pitzer

Rick pitzer

Hi. I know a lot of time has passed since this post but my father built this in York, PA. If you still want information email me at [email protected].

RICH B likes this.