Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Anyone know the history of these wood 12 spokes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by STAGE III, Jul 1, 2020.

1. STAGE III

STAGE III

Probably not worth much but thought I best check with y'all before they get neglected.
    I know zero history or measurements at this time but can do that this weekend (measurements).
    Thanks for any help
    8318628E-02E4-4A8F-B16D-C020F0412893.png 8BA860F5-ECD5-4616-9F50-999BC32AE47A.png

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  2. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Genuine tree spokes.
    Let us know diameter.

3. rusty valley

rusty valley

two different types of model T wheels. those with 4 bolts going thru the sides are called "de-mountables" , the rim and tire slide on from the side, and you would leave the wheel on the car and de mount the rim and tire to change a flat. early non de mountables, you change just the tire, on the car. the other type you have is a steel fellow clincher. spokes are missing. these were aftermarket i believe, firestone maybe, i forget. if the edges of the clincher part that holds on the tire is not sharp, they are still good wheels. sharp edges will actually cut the tire

wraymen and Atwater Mike like this.
  4. Here on the Hamb the "Traditional" answer is always - "Dodge" HRP

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    VANDENPLAS, scotty t and uncleandy 65 like this.

5. So, are they Model T wheels?

6. rusty valley

rusty valley

7. Lil32

Lil32

yes HRP
    early Dodge

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Dunno what they fit, but they’d make neat light fixtures. About three or four lights mounted on the rim and hang from the ceiling on a chain.

9. Budget36

Budget36

T wheels have a holes in the rim...i/e where a tube would be?

I've some wood spoked Dodge wheels and they don't have the hole like those, just on the edges to hold the rim part that secures the tire.

Edit:

Never mind, first looked like multiple valve stem holes, blew the pic up and the other holes I was looking aren't in the center

10. STAGE III

STAGE III

Sorry I wasn’t getting the email alert for comments. Thanks for the help.
    I am going to pick them up today & will post better pictures unless I get tied up grilling out and dodging neighbors fireworks : P

11. I was focusing on the top wheel only. The hub looks like a Model T hub I have. The bottom wheel is obviously smaller in overall diameter and the hub center diameter.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  12. STAGE III

STAGE III

Well, the seller told me he would be out of town till today, I offered to pay in full for the wheels in advance telling him I wanted to know I wasn’t a tire kicker & the a$$hat responded when I asked him what time was good today(day he said he’d be back) “I have one left for $35 TODAY” was a wasted argument but reminded him of our agreement without blowing up on him like I felt like & he responded back “okay,I have one left for $40” going UP on the price.
    Told him to have a nice life.
    Time is too short to get my blood pressure up over a piece of work like him & I have too much junk anyway.
    Still made me ill though

13. Oh man, a soured deal on wagon wheels.

14. STAGE III

STAGE III

Fellow Clinchers