Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know of a good looking alternator bracket for a flathead?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thaplumbr, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Found one I liked,ordered it from reds headers only to get a phone call a few minutes later from them to tell me they no longer stock that item. On the upside I did save bout 150 bucks in the last couple of days using my alliance discount.
    Thanks
    Leroy

2. firingorder1

firingorder1

Did you ever think of cutting one to your design. That wya you will know its good looking and be exactly what you want. Or is that a silly suggestion?

3. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Never gave that much thought to be honest,was just hoping to find something nice off the shelf

4. aaggie

aaggie

5. No bracket in the world is going to make an alternator look good on a flathead.

6. bam!

7. 53 effie

53 effie

Yep, I was looking at a 8BA going into a '34 the other day and he had a GM alternator hanging off to one side. Just didn't look right...

I think I'll have to put an alternator inside a generator housing or something like that for my flathead...

8. lionsgarage

lionsgarage
    from Washington

I'll try to post a pic of the one I built soon. I used a kubota tractor hitachi alt of 42A that fits ahead of the front carb and has a 4 blade plastic fan (that needs painted black) mounted to the alum pulley. Cools the 276" with no trouble, tha alt is gloss black and looks like an old motor with open ribs in the case.