Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone know how to set a sun pro electric speedo?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HELLMET, Jun 22, 2013.

1. HELLMET

HELLMET

its in my friend 34 truck it cam with it. its hooked up but reads 140 when your doing 70. any info would be great. billy

2. HELLMET

HELLMET

heres the speedo

Attached Files:

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Not a Sun Pro, but we had fits getting the electric speedometer (Stewart Warner) to work right in my Sons RPU, It was doing what you describe, reading 160 at about 50 mph.

We spent a lot of time with SW techs on the phone with them telling us we were doing something wrong. We kept going around the block on a measured mile and recalibrating it, still no go. Finally, I ordered a new speedo from Summit, same model, and it worked perfectly right out of the box. We simply had a bad speedo. When I told SW about it they said "Huh !!!" :rolleyes:

Maybe that is what you have going on.

Don

4. HELLMET

HELLMET

don someone said you have calibrate to your car? how do you do that? looked on thier site but no info. maybe someone will know how.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It has been a couple of years since we did my Sons, but basically we had to mark off an exact 1 mile course (we used our daily driver to do that) then you push and hold one of the buttons while you begin driving the one mile, At the end of the mile you push the button again and it is supposed to now be calibrated to your gear ratio, tire diameter, etc.

I may be a little wrong on some of those steps, but if you call Sun Pro or download their directions you should be able to find out how to do yours.

Don