Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know Gary Ball??? Seat Guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Mar 26, 2008.

1. A buddy of mine paid for a pair of seats from Mr. Gary Ball back in November and has not recieved them yet. Mr. Ball does the very nice Bostrum lightweight style seats.(A100) His phone appears to be turned off and he won't return emails. My buddy needs the seats ASAP as the car is almost done. This is going to be a high profile car and he needs these seats!! Anybody have any suggestions??:confused:

2. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I've heard the same story from a few people.

3. Big Dad

Big Dad

I've heard this story several times ..every one gets the stuff the ordered but ... It can take many, many months past promised date

4. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

call me tomorrow and I can put you in touch with my friend in Missouri that is dealing with him...Gary was going to do the interior in his new AWB 65 Dodge, but a local did a fine job instead. But Clay has Gary's # and CAN get in touch with him. I know that he talked with Gary about 10 days ago.
    M.
    972-712-6558

5. Ledfut

Ledfut

I ordered seats, door panels, etc. from him a couple of years back for my '65 Plymouth. I do remember getting very frustrated at having to wait a couple of months beyond the date he told me my stuff would be ready. I was constantly on the phone with him asking what the holdup was. Apparently, he didn't have any more vinyl in stock for my rear seat (he was to send me the material for the rear seat so that a local guy could recover it to match the front seats). His supplier didn't have any more of this vinyl either, but would be getting some more. However, he was unable to give me a time frame as to when it might be in stock. After a couple of months of waiting, I got fed up and told him to just send me the front seats and the door panels. I took the front seats in to a local upholstery guy. Although he thought the workmanship on them was top notch, he pointed out that the vinyl used was quite poor in quality (very thin) and wouldn't last very long. As well, there was a small tear in one of them where one of the hog rings went through. My local guy offered to make me up some seat covers in much better vinyl for about the same price AND he could do my rear seat covers to match. I ended up selling Gary's 2 lightweight front seats online (sold them the next morning on Moparts.com and got my money back) and ended up just having the local guy recover my front bench seat. All I ended up keeping from Gary Ball were the door panels, which did turn out very nice.
    Don't know if this helps any, but this was my experience with him.

6. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Kramer Automotive Specialties,has the correct seat covers if he has a pair of bostrom seats.They are in Vegas this weekend though.

7. Thanks!! Why is it when somebody has no competition it always works out like this?? It's a shame because his interior items are very nice and authentic looking.

8. doctavee

doctavee

Gary's number i have listed from my good friends the Dysfunctional Vanners
    is 1-574-529-0850 or 1-574-457-2880

9. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Is this the same Gary Ball that use to build hot rods in Indiana ?

10. rooman

rooman

Did anyone notice that this thread (apart from the 2 most recent posts) is over 3 years old.

Roo

11. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Not until you said that. Apparently working with Mr. Ball takes years, even on the HAMB. :D