Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Anyone know? Bell Pressure Pump Identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SinisterSpeed, Oct 26, 2010.

1. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

Hey fellas, well I found this pump hidden behind a pile of boxes at a swap meet a while ago in a random swapers booth. They knew nothing about the history of it, and honestly, neither do I. I have a couple real Bell in dash and under dash/side mount pumps with the original Bell stamped markings on them, and some without , but this one is intreguing. Do any of you know what the K&L stands for??? I have no clue, but the closest thing that I can think of hot rod related is Kenz and Leslie out of Denver, CO area in the 40's and early 50's, I don't know. I went through some historical documents and pictures of their cars and stuff, but all I could find was side mount pumps that they were running with no markings on the knob. Either way, that would be cool if this thing did in fact have some history after all. Sorry, this thing is not for sale, for it is going in the dash of my next lakes AV8 roadster project...if only these ol parts could talk:)

[​IMG]

2. Muttley

Muttley

Thats what I would guess, how many Hot Rod related K&L's can there be? Great score.

3. alchemy

alchemy

Are you sure it's for fuel? Might originally be for a beverage application. Looks kind of small diameter in your hand. Or maybe you just have large hands?

4. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

Yeah, pictures can often be decieving, for that pic does make my small mits look like a giants. This is the real deal Bell in dash pump, I have quite a few others too, for I have been collecting these Bell and other hand pressure pumps for quite sometime. That knob is just a mystery...

Also, the K&L is stamped in a very nice linear line, so it does not look like some garage job done with a hammer and some stamps by some hack in their garage either.

5. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

I too had one once . Came from Denver with a bunch of parts I bought .........

Attached Files:

6. alchemy

alchemy

Same one, even to the pits and scratches.

7. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

No shit, I can't believe it does!! I was just looking at that, and mine even has the same porosity at the bottom of the L, just like 32 Barn's. That is amazing how parts re-surface as the years pass. 32 Barn, was that you I bought it from this year?? Shed some light on the history of this ol girl :)

8. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

Well who knows if it is the exact same pump, for the one that 32barn had went to someone else long ago, and would have not ended up in the hands of the person that I bought it from. So the mystery continues, but does anyone have any pics or info that Kenz and Leslie made these things, or just for private use on their own race rigs??