Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know anything about this car?? the "Skip It"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bugsy, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

I'm looking for more info and pics on this car. It was called "Skip It". One of the places that I've seen a pic of it is in Montogomery's book, "Hot Rod Memories...relived again". It's on page 36 of that book. Says it was built by George Rubsch of the Pacemakers. Jimmy B did a killer post on modifieds back in 2006 and is where I found another picture of it as well as just one on the web.

Picture from Jimmy B's collection
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Clark

Clark

I really like that car too. It's been in a couple of the books about the history of the salt flats or hotrodding in general.

I heard it was on the east coast ...maybe Simard has it. And it may be going through a restoration now. Maybe!!! Forget where I heard this.
    Clark

3. grumpster

grumpster
    from CA.

Car belonged to George "SKIP" Rubsch. He ran with the Bungholers of Hollywood EST.1937. Ran a 4-Banger with Crager head. Was called the "SKIP-it" modified.

4. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Absolutely killer car. I am not aware that this car has been found, or in restoration, but certainly would like to hear anything anyone knows. I feel an interesting story in the making . . . hint hint.

5. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

2009!