Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know anything about Chevy "NAPCO" truck wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Mar 5, 2007.

1. TINGLER

TINGLER

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. squirrel

squirrel

probably not so much to do with you putting "napco" in the listing, as the fact that they're not split rims?

3. the-rodster

the-rodster

Probably a neat item for the resto guys.

NAPCO made 4WD conversion starting in 1951.
    GM didn't make factory 4WDs until 1957, i think.

Rich

4. Back in the day NAPCO built custom 4X4 rigs out of standard 2WD vehicles. They built alot of their own custom components. Axles, wheels, transfercases, and in many cases frames. The stuff is hard to find and brings pretty big $$$$. Had a friend that had a few NAPCO trucks and vans. He had guys lined up waiting for him to let the stuff go. No problems with finding someone to buy vintage NAPCO gear.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. I believe my buddy showed me NAPCO stamps on the rims. Don't know if they just stamped GM wheels or they made their own. They were definitly stamped NAPCO.

6. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Theres a Napco owners group somewhere, if you google it im sure it will come up, thats how i found it.

This link shows large steel wheels, im sure these are napco's but yours must look like them to?

http://www.yesterdaystruck.com/contents/tpic385.htm

7. TINGLER

TINGLER

Yeah,
    Here's a pic of mine.

[​IMG]

8. squirrel

squirrel

parts book shows 56-59 3/4 ton and 1 ton single wheel trucks used 8x19.5 tires on 19.5 x 5.25" wheels with 7/16" offset, part number 3724686, cost $24.55 each in 1959.

that's probably what the wheels you have are...if you care...

9. Danimal

Danimal

Tingler, check out Stovebolt.com. Those guys have a whole NAPCO section there from what I remember. You might get more info there.

Good luck!

10. OLLIN

OLLIN

My cousin in Los Lunas NM has a 4WD '57 napco truck. He drives it around even in the winter snow! Its bad ass. He takes it hunting and camping and stuff.

11. OLLIN

OLLIN

according to custom classic trucks, 58's are supposed to be pretty rare. maybe thats why so much interest..