Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know anything about Atomic Auto near Aiken, SC?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 68 C10, Jun 24, 2011.

1. 68 C10

68 C10
    from Athens, GA

I remember passing by this old junkyard a year or so ago on Highway 19 and I did a little research and was able to find it again, but I couldn't get a good idea as to whether it was active or if they'd let you walk around it or not. I did a search a found a couple old threads but they were a few years old and didn't necessarily have any conclusive information on the place. Anyone have any current info on the status of this yard?

And while we're at it, in my searches for Atomic Auto I found some references to a junkyard in Elko, SC. I'm in Walterboro (for the summer) and I found Elko on the map but is this yard still around?

Thanks in advance for any info-

2. 68 C10

68 C10
    from Athens, GA

Anybody in the morning crowd know anything?

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Atomic is still open ... sort of :D

Mostly rotten and rusted hulks that were picked over 10 years ago.

I was there 3 or 4 months ago and the younger guy let me walk around but I was driving a 32 Ford 3W coupe. A friend went there about a month ago and the older man would not let him walk it.

They do have ( or had 3 or 4 months ago ) 4 or 5 old HEMI engines still in the cars. I have never bought anything so I cannot tell you how his prices are.

4. 68 C10

68 C10
    from Athens, GA

Cool, thanks for the info.

That's about what I expected to hear just based on the look of things around the place. I reckon I may try my luck and stop in one of these days, we'll see what happens.