Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone know 40 ford front axle bushing, bearing and key measurements

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoggyrubber, May 31, 2013.

1. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

i have a 40 ford axle and noticed my 30 hudson king pins pretty much fit the axle. i was wondering if any one knew the od of the king pin bushings. the diameter of the key that holds the king pin in place and the thickness of the bearing that carrys the load that spindle rotated on. if they are the same i may try to use these for the 30 hudson front axle and spindles. thank you!

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

28 to 48 ford kingpins are all .812 (lengths vary)
    Lock pin is .555
    Bearing is .530

(note ……… used bearing and lock pin measured )

3. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

thank you sir! the bearing sounds like it is very close to the hudson bearing. locking pin is too large, but i can make on very easy, mine is 3/8"
    anyone know the od of the kingpin bushing? the pin is super close so the id will be close. i am just wondering if the bushing will fit in my hudson spindle with no modifications. if so i can just buy the bushings and bearings. i have the spindles turned on the lathe to accept latter hudson , hubs and hyd brakes with a adapter for the backing plate.

4. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

bump to see if any of you ford guys know the od of the kingpin bushings?