Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone know[32 ford]

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harpo1313, Nov 18, 2008.

1. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Nope, it's a different car. Ted's old coupe is now Pearl white/silver with a ton of 80's style "upgrades". It is still around the Minneapolis area, and shows up at 50's once in a while.

2. geage

geage

I guess that take s care of that,, thanks,you mn guys are on the ball..

3. My Dad went and talked to Jeff at the dealership the other day and he said he was really excited about finding out what happened to his old coupe. He said that the newspaper is going to print a story about this whole deal. He told my Dad that he never knew what happened to the car because his parents sold it when he went away to the Navy after high school. They wrote him a letter to tell him that they sold his hotrod. He never saw the car again... only had a couple friends say that they saw it around for a couple years, and then it disappeared from the area. His parents never did tell him who they sold it to, or how much they sold it for.

On another note... My dad had a channeled '39 Ford around that same time, and also went into the Navy around that same time... and his mother sold his car when he was gone too. Except she didn't tell him that she sold it until he got back. He said he put it up on blocks in the yard. He couldn't wait to do something with it when back home... he got home and it was gone. His mom said she sold it for $450 dollars about a week after he left. She said there was no way she was going to look at it sitting there in the yard the whole time he was gone.

4. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Well, after twelve years instead of calling this a bump , how about a leap. A little update on the car, she got the 283 in very good condition and still motoring on, two sets of tires and reg oil changes, many miles. otherwise same as early pics.
    Now for another clue. Glen was looking at a clip on here [Hamb] of the 1955 drag race submitted by Jive Bomber on the Journal and asked me to freeze a shot in it that he thought might be his car. Whats your opinion here or better yet , make this image so the details can be seen.
    As for the leap, at least its only two pages for the new guys. Now heres my problem. the clip is a u tube deal posted here by a member, its titled 55 world series drag race and the car can be seen at5.37 mn and 6.51. Honestly I dont have the abilities to figure out how to get the pics to this thread so any help there would restore my faith in man. Ron Jeff32.jpg 4sail.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  5. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

A bump for the sunday morning crew. IMG_5402_zps870bda68.jpg 20190324_152219.jpg

6. 50John

50John
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Timeline doesn't match the previous post where the car dealer said he built the car in 1957. But who knows memories fade.

7. loudbang

loudbang

Go the the youtube you want. Look at the top of your browser find the address (you know WWW.youtube xffgcg or what ever). Copy that address then open a reply here on the hamb and paste that address into the reply and post reply and he youtube will show up in that post.

Hot Rods Ta Hell likes this.
  8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Fantastic car and story!
    Lost and now found survivor Hot Rod and Custom stories are by far the best!!

The 1955 drag pic looks to be the car with the same 2 guys-the guy standing in front of the RR tire biting his thumbnail is clearly the one on the left in the first pic. The one standing behind the LR tire is most probably the (owner) one on the right in first pic.

Very SAD hearing stories of Parents selling off Hot Rods while young Men were away at war without telling them. Makes me wonder if he got in trouble as a youth and joining the military and unceremonious selling of the car was part of his Parents getting him on the right path. I had a few friends in High school that got themselves in trouble (usually involving cars) and received this shape up/ship out treatment.