Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Yup...to make this work folks are going to have to meet in the middle.

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I really like the idea of a different location every month......thanks Sam

3. txturbo

txturbo

Nothing wrong with moving it around to different sides of Houston. Not everyone is going to be able to make it to every one of them. I can tell you up front I won't be able to. Sometimes it will be because of the distance and/or availability. Especially on nice weekends. I've got a bunch of projects going so if the weather is nice I'll be working on one of them. I have two vehicles I want to have on the road this year so most times I won't have the time but will try and make it to the ones closer to my side of town.

4. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Check out this web site "urbanspoon,houston" once in you can call up different area's around houston, it list restaurants, this might be helpfull in finding places around town to meet for breakfast.

5. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

If we had five locations equal distances from downtown, like 20miles or so we could put it on a rotaion......Example

March-North
    April- East
    May- South
    June- West
    July Central

& then repeat??? That would work for me personally, I would try & make each one of possible.

SN

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

pussy

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm not affraid to get my T Bucket on the road. I do it just about every good weather weekend. I don't get on the freeway due to the nuts and big rigs, but I have done it before. All I need is to know in advance where we're going to. I'll figure out a way to get there. Well, most of the time, anyway.:)

For instance. Last year, I drove to Galveston on a lark. I took HWY 6, instead of 45 South. I was there before I knew it. Stopped for a burger and drove back home. I've gone out to Spring, but not in my T, but I know I could figure a way to get it out there.

So, let's come up with something. We've got plenty of time before March gets here. And does it have to be a Saturday? Sundays are good too.

Also, keep in mind that the warmer weather means more shows are going to be going on.

8. How about down here here in April? There is a car show in town after all...
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775720

9. texasmark1

texasmark1
    from Houston,TX

How about 4 or 5 guys, one from each section of town, volunteering to coordinate/pick the spot from their own side of town, based on their knowledge of places to go, then pick a month to "organize" the meet and eat...

I'll represent the east side... Deer Park/Pasadena/La Porte...

sound like a workable plan to anyone?

Mark

10. Sounds good to me! I dig the idea of moving around...looks like March is N. Side...any volunteers want to organize?

11. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

What if we take advantage of local shows @ the same time as the meets?

March- You mentioned the North Side, the 5th Annual Texas Hoedown is in New Caney on March 2nd.

April- I am hosting a show in Texas City (South of Houston) on April 27th.

What do you guys think?

SN

12. Just don't send him to 19th Street in the Heights,LMAO,
    Gregg

13. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Lmao!!!!! Its hard for Fred to let something go.

14. We could do it at the taquera by HEB and the post office. Excellent food, huge half-empty parking lot.

15. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

On the same day instead of supporting my show?!?!? Thanks Richard! Lol

SN

16. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Sam how about a taco stand at the show? for breakfast

17. Breakfast before the show.

18. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

@ brokenspoke- If we had a rough head count of fellow HAMB'rs that would be attending the meet & greet I could get breakfast burritos from that taqueria at the show.

@ Richard- I was just bustin your balls, I think it would be a great idea for you guys to meet at the taqueria before the show & then cruise down there after breakfast considering they are about 5 minute apart.

Either way I just happy to have you guys in TC.

SN

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, what's it going to be, guys? I know March is a week away, but so far breakfast and then the show is it? Come on.

And yea...... I got lost in the Heights. Scheesh.:eek: Well, not really lost, just confused. Aww... the hell with it.

20. North side? March 16?

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

22. No idea...I'm a westerner. Any N. Side folks want to scout out a place?

23. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Looks like a good spot, Taquerias Arandas, 335 FM 1960 W, is this the location?

24. The one I was looking at is a few miles further south, but that one works...looks like the parking is better, we'd be able to keep a better eye on the cars. I'm showing the actual address is 231 FM1960W (FM1960 west & I45 South - just south of the James Coney Island)

Who's in?

25. <iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=231+FM+1960+Road+West&aq=&sll=30.019909,-95.429585&sspn=0.00458,0.010568&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=231+FM+1960+Rd+W,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+77090&ll=30.019241,-95.429811&spn=0.009159,0.021136&z=14&iwloc=A&output=embed" frameborder="0" height="350" scrolling="no" width="425"></iframe>
    <small>View Larger Map</small>

26. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

Dang, I won't be able to do this one..I will be doing a little trip with the wife.
    Cheers, catch ya at the next one.

27. I'm in for the16th as long as I get the new rearend in my truck after Hoedown, if not I may have to drive the TBSS. Are we going to try to get together at Hoedown? We can use the tailgate on my truck, I can load a cooler.

28. aldixie

aldixie

I'm in for the 16th but won't be able to stay long as have season tickets to the Rodeo.

29. I am in for the 16th