Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Sunday, September 7th 1 PM - 3 PM Annual Hot Rod Picnic Carbide Park FM 519, LaMarque, Texas. Pee Wee Bowen Band plays from 1:00 to 3:00, beer in cans only, everyone brings a dish of food/pies/cakes etc. I have gone twice and had a great time. This is a HOT ROD/Classic Car get together, its not a car show. Cars start showing up at 11:00. ends when you leave.

2. aldixie

aldixie

Anyone local interested in my Model A, wife doesn't want me selling the 50 Chevy. If so I don't know what a fair price would be.

3. I just sent the pics to a friend.

4. Al, do you have a good '30-'31 passenger side front fender you might want to let go of?

5. aldixie

aldixie

Not at the moment. Selling the car complete. It's in the classifieds now.

Alex

6. aldixie

aldixie

Thanks, lowered the price today.

7. Somebody has got to be hungry other than me....just sayin'

8. Saturday morning, 8am at Spanish Flowers or Garden or whatever the hell the name of that place is?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Anyone else????

10. So far, Ricardo, Brian, Danny, Wes, Gary, and myself... Possibly Marshall, Keith

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  11. aldixie

aldixie

Might be the same here. I sold the Model A, new owner should be picking it up Saturday.

Looked at a couple of Deuce and a halfs but then inquired about a 1956 Cadillac I had seen for sale 2 years ago in a salvage yard. Hasn't been up for a while so I emailed the yard owners. It's still available so I'm going to look at it Saturday afternoon. Price is now fair for it as well and it's meant to run. All original down to its hub caps.

12. txturbo

txturbo

Oh cool.....I have a 56 Sedan de Ville parts car. I was planning to drive my 56 Coupe deville to the next breakfast but last weekend I think it blew out the front seal on the transmission.
    Keep in mind when you go look at it.... 56 has a lot of 1 year only parts.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  13. silverjk

silverjk
    from Houston

Spanish Flowers on Main St?

14. Yes

15. aldixie

aldixie

I have always liked the 56. I've been told the last time it ran was around 5 years ago, has clear title and does have a couple of trim pieces missing.

I am probably working Saturday as our department has new technology to install in the high school for start of school Monday all the furniture was not in yet last night. I would of come to breakfast.

16. txturbo

txturbo

What body style is it?

17. aldixie

aldixie

Here's a couple of pictures of it.
    image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've been going through a rough patch, but if someone could post where the Spanish Garden is, I'll try and make it.

19. 4701 N Main St, Houston, TX 77009

What time?

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like y'all said 8am. I can do it. I'll be in, "Dawn Patrol" mode. A new air cleaner to let the early morning humidity turn the super unleaded into happy juice. I love the smell of exhaust fumes in the morning. That sweet, pungent smell. Smells like.... victory.

21. Not sure if I can make it...will see what I can do.

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

CLEAR!!!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  23. aldixie

aldixie

Looks like I can make it now.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My research of this place has revealed, "NO hipsters allowed!":D

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Another great breakfast and a few new rides! First off, "Spanish Flowers" is a 1st class Mexican restaurant. It's in a great location that's largely Hispanic, just north of downtown, excellent food, reasonable prices with good helpings and, my favorite, BIG bowls of menudo aka BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!

Now to the rides. Today was the usual cast of dead beats, but there were a few rides that were new to me, so I'm going to highlight them.

When someone says, "A bitchin' '57!", our minds typically go to the '57 Chevy, but this '57 Chrysler doubled down on the bet. Just IMMACULATE! "Doctor McKoy, look at those tail light!" "Damn it, Jim! I'm not a body man, I'm a surgeon!"

[​IMG]

Check out the shape of that crazy vent window glass!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Hey, Milner. There's a guy in a bitchin' '55 Chevy looking for you. And it's GREEN!"

[​IMG]

The only word to describe this Chevy II is, "SUBLIME". One owner, factory stock 6 and radio delete. 'Nuff said.

[​IMG]

For some reason, a lot of Bobbers start off great and get side tracked. THIS one, stayed on track, like the track was made of Super Glue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to everyone who made it out. The looks on people's faces, when all these rods pulled onto N. Main, was priceless.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  26. Gregg you hear that . Freds calling you a deadbeat. That's cold Fred.

27. Agreed... This dead beat loves these breakfasts at Spanish Flowers

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"The Dead Beats". Could that be a cool club name or what?:D

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I also wanted to mention, that it took a long time for me to commit to this long drive this morning. In the last month, I've had a lot of crap thrown in my lap and I was really feeling down. Sometimes, real life trumps hot rodding.

I went to the storage facility, where I keep my T Bucket, at 5:30am. I smoked a couple cigs and just sat with my car. Thinking. I watched the sun come up, as I dusted and wiped her down. Then, I had a welcome moment of clarity. I realized that sometimes, the cure for bad shit, is just being around good, positive people.

I didn't get to chat with everyone, as long as I wanted, but I'm just so VERY grateful you all came out. There really are good things at the end of the rainbow, but a lot of times, you just have to get off your ass, step out of the shit and be around good people. Thanks fellas.

I'm getting up early again tomorrow and taking another long drive. It's time to leave some tire marks on the rainbow.

30. aldixie

aldixie

Was a nice meet. Great breakfast too.