Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. This calls for kicking back with some popcorn!!!

2. My cable for the camera is among the missing, I'll have to buy a new one so there is proof that Fred was eating yuppy tacos. I hope we have a bigger turn out next time we go to Torchy's and everyone parks across the street and and makes the devil women mad again. I'm still trying to figure out whay we did wrong by parking in a public spot. Oh well she'll get over it.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Gregg, I went back through there on my way home from the benefit (around 5pm) and that psycho painted ambulance was STILL parked in the same spot! Also, two cars pulled in after you burned off and the passengers didn't go into the beauty salon. They walked down to another shop.

I think she just didn't want people hanging out in front of her store. Damn yuppies/hipsters. The tacos were good, for yuppie food.

4. just reading this thread from last week. I was a week ahead. He came down Friday evening to pickup the Falcon. I ended up buffing it ALL day Saturday. I am ready for a nice relaxing show this weekend. Who all is going to the H-Bomb's show?

all buffed and ready to load...

Attached Files:

5. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

6. txturbo

txturbo

The big Saturday night deal is Otto's BBQ now. Showtime Classics is running the show now with music, food giveaways and "coolest car awards". All makes and years with a feature night beginning on the 21st. I think the first one is Chevelle night.

7. Some of us were discussing the possibility of doing a garage tour or two...I'll be working on that; have a few places in mind.

Not sure how interested you guys would be in making a road trip up to DFW; Stacy Brown's place (Antique Auto Supply) in Arlington is a must see...I usually drive up a couple times of year to pick up various parts. Will keep y'all posted on when I make another trip - anyone interested can ride with.

8. txturbo

txturbo

I would be interested.

9. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Me to

10. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Gregg, any word on that new cable, our popcorn is going bad.

11. Yep I got one yesterday, I'll have to post that this evening when I get home

12. It looks like there is no proof that Fred was eating Yuppy tacos....I was shooting in RAW format and when I convert the image to JPEG it's too large to post. Fred your street cred is intact, without pictures it didn't happen. :oops:

13. Ok, so I lied a little, it happened :D Fred at Torchy\'s.JPG

gwhite likes this.
  14. I can drive in from College Station, no problem; north side of town better than having to drive thru town to get to south Houston.

15. txturbo

txturbo

There is a new Bandito Taco Grill that just opened up in Rosenberg. Great tacos and the John Wayne fried rice is pretty dang tasty. The grand opening is the 19th. Then there is still the Magnolia Cafe.

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

See how the yuppie taco has my left hand all crooked and deformed? Yea. Yuppie food syndrome.:D They were actually good for what they were, but NOTHING beats tacos from a food truck. Put some adventure in your life.

gwhite likes this.
  17. I don't need food adventure, I've eaten in some crazy places, liked it and lived to talk about it. I have even eaten my own cooking! Speaking of eating how is everyone's schedule looking to do our next outing? Magnolia Grill keeps popping up as a destination, I probably need to stay away from 19th Street for awhile, the devil women might cut my tires for bad parking etiquette and noisy departure.

18. Finally, I was down to the last two kernels of popcorn! Great pic Greg

19. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

If you look at Fred's picture, just above his head, there's like a image, a cartoon type, it say's DAM GOOD. Yuppie Taco my A$$, Fred loved them.

20. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Magnolia Café, I'll second that, I'll be in for the drive. JULY ?

21. txturbo

txturbo

He's not foolin anyone.....he's all hunched over those tacos like he's afraid someone is going to take them...

22. desotoman53

desotoman53
    from Conroe

Hello Houston,
    How is everyone on this beautiful day?

23. txturbo

txturbo

Good so far....u?

24. desotoman53

desotoman53
    from Conroe

Acting like I’m working while watching Soccer.

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Liking them, doesn't change what they are. Over priced hipster eats.:D

26. aldixie

aldixie

Lonestar Taco Company just opened in Deer Park. Tacos start at $3.50.

27. brooksinc1976

brooksinc1976
    from P-Town

I've been wanting to try that place the previous place Gina's was awesome but the service sucked.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. brooksinc1976

brooksinc1976
    from P-Town

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403446100.175889.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403446114.024019.jpg
    A little on the yuppy side but their name helps them a little. Ha. Made it to lone star tacos. Pretty good, great nachos. Opens at 7am.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. hey guys... here are some shows coming up in July
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. silverjk

silverjk
    from Houston

Hey everyone, there is a Heights local group that has a regular last sunday of the month gathering. We are meeting up this Sunday June 29th, at Boomtown Coffee @ 9AM. Not too many HAMB friendly cars, but some sweet rides will be there. I'll be out there in my 53' Mainline.

Boomtown Coffee
    242 W. 19th Street
    Houston, TX 77008