Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone installed an E brake they salvaged from a yard in their hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by testdepth, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

My sedan we built in the 70s has a Toyota mechanism that attaches to the bottom of my dash to the left of the steering column.
    I also like using a column shifter so my floor stays uncluttered.
    Might be hard to find forty years later.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. WQ59B

WQ59B

Seems like the bulk of people's focus is on the handle/lever.
    Any good threads on getting a whole system in, from the lever into the rear drums, esp on a swapped axle car?
    I have a MoPar rear under a Buick and that rear came to me with zero in the way of hardware or cables. Only thing I had to start was the Buick's original foot pedal and a couple of 'wheels' to start routing a front cable rearward.

I have most of the drum internal hardware now... but the cables are proving to be tough to find... esp when I don't know exactly what to ask for/ have something to match it up to.

3. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I have a '55 Chevy rear end in my '56 Studebaker truck. I got new cables built by an outfit that deals in all that sort of thing... can't remember who it was, but they advertise in Street Rodder mag. I used the cables deigned for the car the rear end came out of, & the handle, primary cable, etc from the truck and made a simple bracket to tie them together. You probably won't find a proper "kit", but using as many OG style componants as possible will simplify things.