Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone in the vancouver wa area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by justheman, Mar 2, 2008.

1. justheman

justheman

This is my first time working on a hot rod, and I have kinda got myself in over my head, its a 29 roadster p/u and i decided to flush the doors, and boy did I screw up, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice, and might even want to stop by and give me some pointers I have never really done any of this before, but I want to get this car done for my grandfather. any help would be great. thanks

-Justin

2. moses

moses

post some pics mabey someone can help ya out...jeffrey

3. justheman

justheman

well here are some photos of where I am about at, I clamp the door on from the inside, I will be installing hidden hinges later on down the road but fist i want to make sure everything is working out... Everything is roughed in with tac welds clamps and birdshit welds.... (I suck at welding)

Attached Files:

4. The_Monster

The_Monster

Youre not screwed man, it doesnt look that bad. Use the "search this forum" option to find someone that maybe posted build pics on flushing doors. I think I saw one not too long ago.
    But to be honest, if you openly admit to suck at welding, maybe you should hold off on welding the structure of your door until you practice with other stuff untill you feel more comfortable. You dont want to screw around with shotty welds holding your door/jams to your car. just my opinion.