Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone in NC wanna help me chop my 52 chevy it would be fun?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yanksta, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Yanksta

Yanksta

Hey Everyone,
    I have been doing tons of reading and i really want to chop the top but i dont have any exsperience in doing so. I do have a mig welder and some of the tools and will buy other tools to get it done if i have to but i would like some help from someone that know what to do that would really help me out. So who out there is wanting to get into something like this in the next 6 months i live 1 hr north of Charlotte. Thanks for any input!!

2. I can help and know a few guys that might really know how to get it done right. Does the car drive?

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The Iron Lords are chopping a '54 Chevy next weekend. If you want to stop by at the shop on Saturday I think we'll be starting that day.

4. Yanksta

Yanksta

May Day... i live in Winston well south Winston right on the line. The car does not drive yet hopefully in the next month or 2 it will i just need to redo all my brakes and put the radiator back on. I haven't had it on the road yet i have been doing a sbc swap. I just got my brake stuff in last night so this weekend i am going to try to get some things done. I am trying to do this on a budget and learn along the way. I am a motor guy not a body guy so it gets really frustrating. This car needs some sheet metal work done also. Who do you have in mind i have called rod crafters that is right done the road from my house and they are way to steep for my blood this is not going to be a 100k car.

Jeffery... i seen the iron lords down at the good guys show but never got a chance to talk to them. Is this a newer shop in clt or have they been around a while. Do you know what they charge to do a chop on this car i will get all the glass work done myself they just need to shop the top and get it ready for paint.

Thanks to anyone else that can help i am wanting to get this running and drive it some so i can stay motivated and then jump into this chop. If i go straight to the chop now without even getting to drive this thing i may get un motivated. I have had this car for 5 months and have not gotten the satisfaction of cruising down the road. thanks again let me know guys!!!

5. Yanksta

Yanksta

Jeffery,
    Do they plan on chopping this thing in one weekend or what? I dont know if it can be done i will be out of town at the PRI trade show for work next weekend but i would like to come down and check it out when they are right in the middle of it keep me tuned in.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Our shop is in Concord, and it's purely a hobbyist shop. We work on our own shit there and hang out. It's been there for about a year after being forced out of out last shop. We're having our monthly breakfast tomorrow near the shop if you'd like to come down and meet a few of us.

We're (The Iron Lords) not a business so I can't say how much we charge for anything because as a club we do not do things for profit. But one club member Jeremy might be interested in chopping it at his house but I am not sure what he'd charge.

You should stop by if you have nothing to do and watch us futz our way around chopping my friends Del's '54 Chevy. It's pretty much the first one we're doing start to finish so it should be a learning experience.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

No way we're chopping it in one weekend. I bet it take at least a month but the initial cuts are being made next weekend.

8. Drats!!! Doubt if I can make it. Sure would like to lend a hand though!

Take tons-o-pics! I'll experience it virtually! (Seems to be a theme with me living way out here!)

9. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

You ever see a monkey fuck a football? Yeah, well it'll be something like that in case you can't make it to watch.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm the football.....oh no here we go again!!!! Hahaha!!!

11. Shawn M

Shawn M

Guess I'm the kicker then!!!

12. redhumphries

redhumphries

hey guys this is red and me and cassie said if you need help we would be glad to throw in 4 hands some extra sheet metal if needed and also I have done a few in my time. not a 54 chevy but a couple shoebox fords, model a, ford and chevy trucks. I would love to help out just let me know when and what time. Thanks RED 704-509-6397 Heck I will even bring the chain saw for the cuttin. hehehe

13. hotdamn

hotdamn

thanks Red! thats aweful sweet of you and Cassie:)

hope to see you guys in about 6 hours...

damn I gotta go to bed... :D