Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone in Florida know this car club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatshoebox, Dec 15, 2005.

1. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Seems theres a newly formed TORTURED SOULS C.C. in or around Orange City, Florida....
    Anyone know how we can get a hold of them? We just wanna have a little chat..

Thanks,
    Dan Gilday
    Tortured Souls c.c.
    VENTURA COUNTY, CA!
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

2. ElDawgg

ElDawgg

I dont know the club....but my folks live within 5 minitues of Orange City. I'll hit a local "lawn chair" cruise and see if I can help you out. Can't hurt to try......

3. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

thanks dawgg... anyone ever deal with this before??

4. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Havent seen any jackets or plaques yet, but will look. Are they a jacket club or do they have cars that would stand out at an event? Good luck!

5. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

What? you didnt know we started a Florida chapter?

6. Dan, I looked them up in Florida, dont worry, they are a chess club.:)

7. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

I looks like they might be an import club.. damn, thats really bad..

8. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Oh boy here we go again...
    god damn Floridians..:)
    i will keep my eyes open for the imposters...although i am in South Flo...

9. plan9

plan9

hey wait, i thought your club was for imports too :confused:

not enough of you guys around these days... why, i remember when i was a kid '90 Honda Civics were plentiful... you couldnt give the fuckers away!!

;)

10. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Thanks Plan9, I've got you down for one ass kickin..

11. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

You should talk to Barnett about his 'DeadBeats' problem. Check myspace-that's where the hardcore clubs hang evidently:D

12. Been through it, not a damn thing you can do unless you have copyright and trademark both dated BEFORE the other club existed, and prove when they came into existence. Sorry man.

13. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

thanks

14. we had this happen to us. there is evidently an Emperors car club in california that was started about the same time as our club here in indiana/illinois. we had a website, jackets, cars, plaques etc. anyway, we get this e-mail from the california guys saying they had seen our website and that they were a club before we were, and we could ask axle (as if he were the official car club referee) and all this stuff. i had searched the web, magazines and every other source i had available to make sure nobody else already had the name. anyway, long story short, i just told him i didn't see a problem. they were in california and we were here in the midwest. we never go there and they never come here so i don't think there's gonna be any confusion. big f'in deal. i guess it was to them at the time. it wasn't to us. how many other car clubs are there out there that have the same name? i can think of at least one more of which i was a founding member of here in indianapolis. the road rockets. got one of them in texas no? an older club to boot. far as i know there was never any trouble between those 2 clubs. the way i see it, if you wanna be in a gang and fight about names and territory you can do that. there are plenty of dumbasses around doing that gig. if you want to have a car club, have a damn car club and fuck the rest. if i'm ever in california and run into some of the emperors out there, i'll say a midwest howdy and give 'em a hand shake and share a beer with 'em. i could care less if they have the same name as us. just means they a had a good idea too!

15. toledobill

toledobill

Sorry, I don't see the problem. Maybe it's because I helped found a club back in 1950s Toledo called the "CARBS", back when there was a "CARBS" in every town as well as a "Cams", "Pistons", "Pharohs", "Dragons", and about 49 other popular names. That's why we always added our towns to the official plaque.

Now if someone from our own town tried to copy our name, it was time for an attitude readjustment on their part -- but no one ever did, because we knew that the HiWinders of Phoenix weren't connected to the HiWinders of Seattle.

There was no disrespect meant, it was a whole different club from a whole different area. Have things changed that much that NO ONE can have the same name?

From here, I think only the L.A.Roadsters can claim uniqueness -- maybe even if a club in Louisiana starts calling itself the "LA Roadsters".

16. there's a Hiwinders club in indianapolis too that started way back then.

17. toledobill

toledobill

I'm with you, Irritant, there's no trademarks or copyrights on local club names. Buy the guy a beer and congratulate him on picking a fine name.
    But when he says they're into pastel monochrome imports with airbrushed murals -- the -- THEN -- you can clock him. But before that he's your brother.

18. ElDawgg

ElDawgg

I've checked with a couple of local guys.............you might be talkin' fart cans and cold air intakes here:( Oh well, hey I've heard thats the "cool" thing to do! :D:D Orange City is a small place.......no worries!

19. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Not club related but very simular situation a band here in Ct. that existed before one in Cali.had to change its name because the west coast band had copyright

west coast band was younger by 10 years but had the law on their side it didn't matter that east coast could prove earlier existance they were not inc. or copyrighted

20. KATFISH

KATFISH

What, did they go and use your little shrunken head thingie?

I just love clubs.....

21. Actually there is another LA ROADSTERS, it stands for Lake Area Roadsters. They are way more hardcore than any Cali LA Roadster member would like to be;)

22. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

why do you even bother?.....

23. plan9

plan9

DAN - OSR is out for the Christmas break...

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  24. dunbroke2

dunbroke2
    from ala

hell I thought you guys were talking about the Lower Alabama Roadsters.

25. I've got patterns for these that are 40+ years old:

Wheeling Emperors, Chicago
    Emperors Sorrento, IA
    Emperors Adv., IA
    Emperors, Imperial Beach

Road Rockets, Alexis
    Road Rockets, Chicago
    Road Rockets, Sullivan, Illinois
    Road Rockets 88 98 Phoenix

Carbs, Brookville, Penna
    Carbs, Silver City
    Carbs Custom and Rod Builders, Toledo, Ohio

You'd be really up tight if you picked Road Runners because I have 195 of those or maybe the Coachmen with 121 different plaques!

PS I still have 2000 patterns to catalog:(

Dennis