Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Anyone in AZ that can drop an axle?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Watto's 65, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Watto's 65

Watto's 65
    from Tucson,AZ

Is there anyone in Arizona that can do a drop axle? I have a '28-'31 and like to support local skill.

2. I don't know them, but I have it on good authority that Haifley Bros. on Grand Avenue in PHX can do it.

warbird1 and Mark Yac like this.
  3. Could you not ship it to Joe in OK? Lots of good vibes on here about his work. Sid does not drop A axles as he does not want to compete with his friend Joe.
    580-268-3704 is his work number

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  4. I could be wrong, but think Joe’s area code should be 580 instead of 508. Guessing just a type-o. :D

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Anson Axles. Long ways away but the best in the country.

brady1929 and akoutlaw like this.
  6. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

As far as I know Socal speed shops sell a forged dropped axle....Just buy a new one that doesn't have the stretched ends like the old dropped ones did...Probably about the same cost....

bob b. and 5window like this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is dropping axles and then there is dropping axles right and if you want it done right you send it to Joe. Never heard of Anson Axles. No disrespect there but I just flat have never heard of them.

Not a thing wrong with the properly dropped ends on an original Ford axle, It is still stronger than many aftermarket axles. I do have a So Cal axle and agreed it is very strong but does not have the look of a nicely dropped original axle.

Fordors likes this.
  8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

Go to AnsonAxles on Instagram for 100's of pictures of the quality axles Greg has dropped. I would either send my axle to Greg or Jack Fuller.

Tman, brady1929 and akoutlaw like this.
  9. Good catch Guthrie! I fixed it.

10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

Checked the Haifley site but could find nothing about dropping axles, Maybe it's eluding me?

brady1929 and RICH B like this.
  11. alchemy

alchemy

Geez are you on the wrong website!

WiredSpider, Tman, el Scotto and 2 others like this.
  12. Don't overlook Andy Kohler as another source for putting some drop in your axle. Does anyone have any pictures of the dropped axles from the guys in Phoenix to compare to Greg's, Andy's, and Joe's work.

brady1929 likes this.
  13. alchemy

alchemy

Andy has done two axles for me, and I wouldn't hesitate to send him another. Once it's in a box it doesn't really matter if it goes all the way across the country, or just half way. An old Ford axle is worth it.

brady1929 likes this.
  14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

Forgot about Andy although I've never had him do one for me. His work is nice. I'm a Greg Haynes guy.

brady1929 likes this.
  15. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

I think I am.....Just trying to save the guy a few bucks....I grew up in the 1950's but I am not stuck there....Wonder what the guy that owned a A model in when the flatheads came out in 32... Said that's not traditional...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  16. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Moredrop used to do a great job!

Lil 32 and seb fontana like this.
  17. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

If we only let cars and trucks on here with original dropped axles and parts the site would be much smaller. After market parts have kept the hot rod hobby going. Everyone can't use just original parts.

5window, A Boner, brady1929 and 5 others like this.
  18. Funny, I am waiting on Andy now for my new Henry dropped axle. He had a shot of covid and lost a week so you know what that does for ones scheduling. He does stay busy.

19. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

@ELpolacko used to do them... I think he did a heavy for me years ago....

20. You just have to call them and set it up.

Industrial Chassis is no more and he works for Phoenix Hot Rod Company as they bought out Industrial Chassis.

porkshop and AHotRod like this.
  21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[QUOTE="Hot Rod Ron, post: 14566832,
    Industrial Chassis is no more and he works for Phoenix Hot Rod Company as they bought out Industrial Chassis.[/QUOTE]
    I was under the impression that Steve was in the same building with Phoenix Hotrod Company but still building chassis and parts under Industrial chassis or did that change again? I'd still like to have one of his Dakota crossmembers for my 48 if he ever makes a batch.

22. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

axle.JPG

This is an old Mordrop. Business used to be in Oakland CA but closed years ago.

Anson Axles are drop dead gorgeous... I want him to do a '32 heavy I have.
    https://www.instagram.com/ansonaxles/

23. I was under the impression that Steve was in the same building with Phoenix Hotrod Company but still building chassis and parts under Industrial chassis did that change again? I'd still like to have one of his Dakota cross members for my 48 if he ever makes a batch.[/QUOTE]

He does all the same stuff just now for Phoenix Hot Rod company so you would be buying the cross member through them.

Tman likes this.
  24. Don't forget Jeff B aka @titus up in Minnesota. He does a great job dropping axles.

Hot Rod Ron, rusty valley and 5window like this.