Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone here know about any old junkyards in WV...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sauli, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Sauli

Sauli

I lived in Marion County in northern WV in 1991-92 and kept hearing about this old junkyard with supposedly "bunch" of stuff dating back to late´50s and back...It was somewhere near Marion County, the exact location escapes me right now after this many years...If You´re from the area and are familiar with locations of such stuff wasting away in the woods somewhere hit me up, PM or otherwise. I´d just like to know if there´s any substance to the existence of a certain such place I kept hearing so much about. I remember one of the people talking about it would froth in the mouth and fail to show up the both two times we were supposed to go see it, but I heard about it from a couple of more credible individuals as well so I suppose there might be SOME substance to it. Anyway, will be traveling in the area in a couple of weeks so I´d like to know where to look for it, perhaps...(?)

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. 31whitey

31whitey

I rode dirt bikes in WV for years

based in pittsburgh....all I can say is in both of these states there are old cars everywhere in the woods....but they are fucking trashed...I mean rusted soooo bad you can pull parts with your hands....

if you know the approximate location try GOOGLE EARTH

3. There "used" to be junkyards all over the state. Then came A. James Manchion (uncle of the current governor) and a program called REAP in the mid 1970's. There were posters of A. James standing on top of vintage tin coaxing "the good people of West Virginia to rid the hills and hollows of there jezebels of junkery"......I am serious!!!!! The State set about harrasing all of the junkyards to comply with the new program and they pretty much succeeded! I remember a certain yard in the northern part of the state that already had the "condemned-property of WV" signs posted on the fence surrounding acres of 20's to 50's cars, when I went to "collect" some parts from a Model A that was in line to be crushed. There are very a limited number of yards still around in WV that have anything much older than the 1970's.

4. Toqwik

Toqwik

The best yard in Marion County crushed alot of the good stuff a few years ago. It's called Morris Auto Wrecking. Does still have 4 or 5 55-57 chevies, a few 40 fords, a 59 elky, 1 model A truck that is REAL bad. Usr to be alot of good stuff there, but he got into some trouble and sold alot of it out of there. He is in bad health, and if you are looking for an A, he does have a sport coupe at his house you might buy. Last I was there was about 4 months ago getting parts for my 68 Charger. His name is Valdeen Morris. to get there, exit off 79 at Pricketts Fort exit. Go the opposite way from the fort. Follow that road about 4-5 miles till the road kinda forks, and bear right, that's Bunners Ridge. You will go about a mile and see a newer church on your left, cant remember if it is blue or yellow vinal siding, turn left there. You just go a short distance and you will see it on the left. Is there anything in particular you are looking for? I just spent 10 years up there, so I beat the bushes fairly well. PM me if I can help any more...

5. Pompadork

Pompadork

if you don't mind the drive, there's LEON Junkyard near culpeper. SOOO muchh old tin. I found a survivor fire truck from '52-53, an old 1938 school bus, a few 50's hearses/ambulances, stuff from the 20's-70's. 100+ acres.

6. Pompadork

Pompadork