Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone here from Garage mag.?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddyman65, May 13, 2004.

1. caddyman65

caddyman65

Or does anyone here know someone? I ordered #3&4 back in January and I never got them, now I see that #4 is sold out.I tried calling, nothing..E-mail, nothing, now I`m just pissed [​IMG]

2. 55olds88

55olds88

there are a number of bods selling it on here, I know there are some US distributors on the board, sure one will reply, much cheaper then me sending you one from N.Z.

3. caddyman65

caddyman65

I either want the ones I paid for or my money back ,thats all,then I`m done with them.

4. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Dan Stoner, AKA Chief
    Garage magazine
    1072 Folsom Street, Suite 368
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    (415) 515-4935
    [email protected]

5. Well, I'm a dealer and I'm having trouble getting through myself........keep tryin' is all I can say. Sorry.

6. oddrod

oddrod

please e-mail me directly and i will sort it all out. if you paid for magazines you should have them. #5 is going out to subscribers only so far, this was to change the whole "i saw it on the stands before i received my subscription issue." #4 is sold out but if you ordered and paid for it there should be one for you. anyone with problems can e-mail me [email protected] or call me on my cell (california time) 415-902-4583. don't know why you had problems but i'll help fix it. this is my personal address and phone just incase there's a problem with the website. if you just want your money back and don't want the mags that's not a problem either.i'm supposed to see dan tomorrow. good night, stevo

7. oddrod

oddrod

caddyman, went to blue flame tattoo but don't know your first name (errol, ray or rex)? you don't have your name or a personal e-mail listed on your bio. i'm tryin' to find you. please contact me, stevo

8. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

..........I received #5 in the mail here in MD two days ago (in a nice plastic bag....)

9. Stoner

Stoner

Hey, y'all--

Sorry it's taken me so long to address this. Oddrod has taken over on things like this while we handle some hardships at the shop.

I'm the last one to air dirty laundry, but since y'all are family, I think you'll understand:

Our Ops Chief, Raquel, has spent the last two and half months battling cervical cancer. After 5 operations, she's finally recovering at home with more tubes sticking out of places tubes should never stick out of. She's also in an incredible amount of pain--the kind that completely shuts you down and keeps you from eating, sleeping and doing anything but basically crying.

She's also the one who takes care of all the administrative stuff. Including subscriptions, sending out comps, etc.

Having said all that, there's no excuse for not getting what you paid for in a timely fashion. And while it's not very professional of me to use this drama as an excuse, it's the reality we're dealing with and like John Cougar said,
    "I hope you understand."

The magazines were finished up and shipped early this week. We got our stash on Tuesday and, from what I hear, folks are already starting to get theirs, too.

If you're having problems reaching us, contact Oddrod or me directly at [email protected].

STONER

10. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Stoner....
    Raquel's situation is a REAL-LIFE issue,and it looks like she has friends to help her through this time.
    Our best wishes for her complete recovery....
    This is a terrifying subject, and a late magazine doesn't rate on the scale of importance, considering all things....

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I got mine on Wednesday this week. HOLY FUCK, IT RULES. I have always been a huge proponent of the magazine, but this one is the best issue yet. You know what really pisses me off though? I live in chicago and aren't able to be involved in the mag's creation.

Keep up the good work Dan and send my well wishes to Raquel.

GARAGE RULES.

12. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Hey Dan, Give Raquel my best. I never met her, but she was cool to me over email a few time.
    Take care,
    Dan G.

13. Stoner

Stoner

Thanks for the support, y'all! Like I said, I hate airing this kind of stuff, but we sure do appreciate the kind words.

And, I think it was mentioned above, the mags are being shipped in polybags for the first time. I haven't seen one like that yet (ours are in boxes when they arrive), so let us know how the mag looks when you get it. It costs us more, but we want to make sure that our precious little rag gets to you in good shape (unlike the last one for so many of you).

14. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    And while it's not very professional of me to use this drama as an excuse, it's the reality we're dealing with

[/ QUOTE ]

professinalism can be kicked to the wayside on this one...
    hope she recovers stoner.

15. Dan,

I also got my latest issue. It is really great. But I did email Raquel awhile ago about when to re-new. I see now why I never got response.

I don't know if she believes or not, but God bless her, and hope everything works out. One of my wifes friends has been fighting cervical cancer for 3 years. She's only in her mid twenties. That (or any age, for that matter) is too fucking young to go thru that shit. I wish her the best.

Just let me know when to renew bro.

Jay

ps. I drive a hyundai as my daily. [​IMG] [​IMG] with gas at over 2 bucks a gallon, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

16. [ QUOTE ]
    Hey Dan, Give Raquel my best. I never met her, but she was cool to me over email a few time.
    Take care,
    Dan G.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, same here. wish her the best..

17. Cool, I ordered a number 5 issue also, and this makes perfect sense why it ain't here yet. I hope she gets better,
    I watched one of my best friends moms die from that same thing. I hate cancer. I'll say a prayer for Raquel.
    John

18. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

[ QUOTE ]
    And while it's not very professional of me to use this drama as an excuse, it's the reality we're dealing with and like John Cougar said,
    "I hope you understand."

STONER

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not DRAMA...drama is, so'n so hit on my wife or, my club sucks... good wishes and prayers to raquel. God bless.
    nic

19. caddyman65

caddyman65

I did not want to bring it here(just so you know) but after no response it was a last resort to get someones attention,I do hope Raquel is doing well and thanks for responding

20. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Dan, please show her this:

"Dr. Lorraine Day reversed her severe, advanced cancer by rebuilding her immune system by natural therapies, so her body could heal itself."

Lorraine Day, M.D.
    P.O. Box 8
    Thousand Palms, CA 92276
    (800) 574-2437

http://www.drday.com/

21. caddyman65

caddyman65

Just talked to Stevo and I believe everything is taken care of, hope Raquel gets better cause it seems they really need her back at work,my prayers go for a speedy recovery.