Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have Pic's of a Custom 54 Hudson?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatshoebox, Mar 16, 2005.

1. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

I saw one on a poster the other night. Thought it would look killer with a chop.. So anybody have a custom Hudson Jet?..

2. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

about ten minutes of fun

i think this is a 54 anyway.

i know the chop isnt perfect but i didnt want to spend all afternoon on it, you get the idea of it.

im thinkin it could look real cool.

3. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

122wagon,nice job !!!
    No doubt,that Hudson looks indeed really cool and I totally agree they make great Kustoms !!! All the car needs now is a LITTLE bit more chop in the rear... really like that Hudson,the more I look at it,the more I like it...cool !!!

[​IMG]

I have a pic of a mildly chopped one from Japan somewhere and the car looks really good too.

4. Yes. they look fucking awesome chopped. Sorry this is the only shot I got of this '54, it's pretty radical. Local car, fucking killer.

5. The Jet was a smaller car made in 53 and 54 only...looked like a scaled-down 54 chevy. I worked with a guy in Portland, Oregon who did jets. He had a maroon 54, 4 door with a DZ 302 chevy, muncie 4 speed and a dana 44 posi from a Hudson Hornet or Wasp. I usta ride with him and it CRANKED!
    He later bought a 53 Jet 2 door [Hudson books said this car was never made...no 2 doors recorded in '53 but it was a gennie 53] and rebuilt it with the small flathead 6, GM 4speed hydro and twin H power. Sorry, no photos but imagine a 7/8ths size 54 chevy with no grille teeth...

6. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

The Hudson Jet was manufactured in 1953 (production 21,143) and 1954 (production 14,224) in both 2 and 4 door models.

It was Hudson's attempt to produce a smaller econo-car. The styling was pudgy looking (thanks to interfering Hudson management!) and it was underpowered, so it did not sell well.

Usually cheap to buy today, when you can find them, because restorers won't bother with the Jets; even the more luxurious JetLiner model.

However, styling and power is something any good customizer could fix!
    I found a '54 four-door picture on the net and did a little digital photo-alteration. I lowered the top, removed the bumper guards and door handles, smoothed the grille bar, and moved the stock spear down and back.

Just a few conservative mods and the whole car looks sleeker and better proportioned. Still looks like a Hudson, too. What do you think?

7. mikes51

mikes51

What he said. These look to be my pics of the same car. It does have an awesome chop.

8. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

After reading it all again I realize flatshoebox was requesting for pics of Hudson Jets and not pics of Hudson Hornets...but anyway,I like the Hornets more and especially the '54 model looks good.

9. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

After posting my photo-chop I wondered what could be done to hop it up.
    I did a googling and found this neat website:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tray001/hudson/jets.htm

Apparently someone stuffed a twin-carb 7X Hudson 318 cu in six with a
    hydramatic in it and went racing in the late sixties. It became an AHRA
    record holder in 1968! It resides in the Don Garlits Racing Museum in Florida.

Dave

10. sadayo

sadayo

I think this is what you were hoping for...

Attached Files: