Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have old pictures of 49-51 mercurys in junkyards or ones that you saved

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950-mercury, Mar 24, 2011.

1. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I went to see some merc parts for sale today, and he had this merc for sale. I wish I had more room, I may have drug this 50 merc home today!!! He had all the parts for the car, except the engine and transmission.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Here is a 50 Merc that my buddy Joeb1934 here on the Hamb bought at the Mercuryland auction a few weeks back, for the rear glass. I was able to save her from the crusher, and found her a new home!!! Another buddy of mine bought it, and he is going to convert it to a two door, and chop it. I think it will be awesome to see this 50 Merc back on the road after sitting for many many years!!! I drove it out to him last weekend, and here's some pictures!!! I guess I'm kinda a Mercury saviour!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

Good save ^^^^ i wish one of the 2 I have was that solid lol! I got the 49 home a couple of weekends ago I will try and get a few pics of the adventure...sitting with no wheels in the muck since 1960 ....

4. flatout51

flatout51

Sorry for sideways pic... My friend bob driving one in a ditch in my parents neighborhood

Attached Files:

5. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I seen your thread with you pulling out that merc!!! Wow, I feel bad for her!!! I hope to be bringing home another 50 Merc two door soon. It has been sitting on blocks, which is good, for a long time. I'm kind of a Mercury nut, and I'm going this weekend to save alot of 49-51 Merc parts from the crusher!!! I'll have to post some pictures of my adventure!!!

6. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Wow, that might be worth digging up!!! Looks like lots of good parts left.

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

Man I wish you lived closer....or even the same country :p I could use som much stuff!!

8. I never have sold that top, doors and front part of the quarters I posted about earlier. Part of it is back in the warehouse now, hopefully the roof will come back next trip up there.

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not in a junkyard but it is a garage find.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Trails, Mick

10. 56FRLN

56FRLN

11. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

What's the story behind this 51 Merc?

12. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Hey Mick, thanks for sharing!!! How did you find that Merc?

-Mike

13. 56FRLN

56FRLN

Snapped that pic in another lifetime back in college. Kirksville, MO. A buddy and I used to drive around on weekends checking out old farms for cars/parts. If we were in his OT truck we were so-so in getting farmers to let us roam but if we were in my '56 they were more likely. This was a farm that had various cars sitting around - if the guy liked you he would sell you parts. Saw lots of neat stuff 30 years ago - I'm sure most of it is gone by now.

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went with a friend to see him back in the early eighties and it just raised its head again. It hadn't moved much since I saw it last. I'll try to take some more pictures.

15. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I have a shit load at home on my computer. I will post them when I get home may b a few days but it will b worth the wait I promise! Jim

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

16. Too bad that 59 tudor isn't a saver!!

17. This had to be unusual.The grille shell is formed for a 57 Desoto bumper

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad thing is the guy did all of that work to restore the Doug Thompson project just to
    get totaled a couple of years ago. We will never see it again. :(

19. I don't recall if I posted pics of this car before, might be a fiberglass race car project. Might still be around:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Nice one Tom,when did you score that?

21. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I have been through this also, I tried to sell a 50 4 door, complete car $500, no takers, it finally went to the crusher, I cut the rear window out and use the flathead and 3 speed as yard art. Jim

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Heres a few pics of the recovery operation for my 49 sedan that I got last year but finaly managed to get home a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Sitting on the drumless axles for a long time, front license plate was a half eaten 1960 ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Diff is seized tight!

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

Made a deal to go back in the spring and strip some stuff off this sad 51 Monarch , especially those tail lights hopefully I can do something with them..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gonna combine it with this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dont ask :mad:

[​IMG]

24. You know you should grab all the chrome off those parts cars, including the wing windows. Bumpers too.

I personally will at some point need a nicer dash.

25. When I was recently out animal hunting in the woods, I found this stainless grille, light trim, and some stainless wing window parts (no glass). All the regular steel was rusty crumbs. I figured I'd bring all the stainless parts home. Maybe somebody on here can find 'em usable.

Attached Files:

26. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Cool find!!! Was the rest of the car there, or were those parts just laying in the woods?

27. Now that sucks

28. There was more but the entire car was not there. All the steel was smashed and very rusty, so I didn't see anything else usable in any way. I for sure would've grabbed the grille surround steel, but it was completely rotten. I got that grille out very easy with no tools.

29. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

It still amazes me the things people find in the woods!!! It makes you wonder how or why that stuff gets out there.

30. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Here is a sectioned car that is for sale online..

Attached Files: