Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have history with Oregon DMV?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Payaso, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Payaso

Payaso

So I'm building a 1928 Model A Closed Cab Hot Rod, I've got the '28 Frame (assembly number on frame is gone), No identifying numbers on the Cab itself, No motor, and a matching pair of Oregon 1928 plates (in great shape). I've heard all sorts of advice on obtaining a title...the good, the bad, the ugly. So with the Oregon DMV, is there any "special" paperwork? Kustom/Homebuilt? I did call, but they wouldnt give me the time of day unless I brought the truck down there. I explained it's in pieces in my garage. They didnt understand how that was possible and told me I would have to apply for a Salvage title? Yeah, that's the help I've received so far...

So if anyone has any info...please let me know.

Thanks!!
    MONDO

2. 42 chevy

42 chevy

You can have the OSP run the VIN nad make sure it is not stolen, I think they have to come look at it. I had to take mine into the DMV after the state police looked it over. I would also have evry receipt and bill of sale handy. Mine took half a day to do in Baker. OR, but I had to take my car to them.

3. Payaso

Payaso

That's the problem...I dont have a VIN...That's where Im stuck?

4. Yeah have reciepts for as much as possible,even steel and drive train wheels tires...even if ya bought stuff from "buddies" then call OSP for a inspection,the guys right off 205 & division used to be good to work with,then STAY AWAY FROM THAT DMV OFFICE DOWN THE STREET!!! go to the office in gladstone they are small and seem to have their shit together,they will afix a sticker to the frame and you good to go,however INSIST that everything is from and made to keep the look of said year,make use they put the sticker where its NOT in plain sight as they look like ass,and you might wanna have that place picked out ahead of time........also take builsd pics with ya when you go to the OSP office,I always had good luck with this

5. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I moved to Portland about nine months ago and while getting the title changed on my DD I asked and got the same answer. If it's not a complete vehicle and doesn't run, you can only file for a salvage title.

My thought would be to buy a title so they have something to use to give you a new number. I still think they will want to see the truck though.

Oh, and I'm still on the fence about not being able to pump my own gas...