Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have car cover favourites?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rpkiwi, May 16, 2006.

1. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

:rolleyes: Am looking at purchasing a cover for my truck,(Willys Pickup)don't have any previous experience with covers and figured someone out there might lead me in the right direction.Any Favourites?

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

California Car Covers ... not the lest expensive ... but they are the BEST ... for the money IMHO ... have two ...

3. Retrorod

Retrorod

I also have a California Car Cover for my '35 sedan, it FITS the car even with the spare tire mounted out back. Not real cheap but a great cover that will actually stay on the car in shitty weather.

4. I have probably bought 10 car covers over the years from California Car Covers, they have just about every size and type available, fair price and a great product...They also have a good car show in the parking lot every May, draws a big crowd, I think it was last weekend.

http://www.calcarcover.com

Cheers...

5. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Thanks for the info,will check them out.What is the best value when it comes down to fabrics.This truck will occasionally be outside but probably only at shows.Thanks again.

6. sir

sir

........I have the "noah" fabric on my "66" and it fits and works VERY well.....

7. One more vote for California Car Cover Co.

Not cheap, but well worth the price. I've owned two of 'em. Both were the "storm weave" heavy-weight models. They both held up well, even when I lived a block from the ocean in Monterey, CA for two years and parked my Chevy outside.

8. KingKustoms

KingKustoms

california car cover for sure i have one for both of my cars, they are the best

9. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I HATE car covers.Now your car is "protected" in the garage...it's open season on stacking shit on it.I left a Mustang at my dad's for 3 years when I was gone.Came back and it was covered in crap,dents and dings all down the passenger side.
    Scratch paint,bubble paint when outdoors.CCC evelotion 3 !

10. KingKustoms

KingKustoms

I mostly use mine when im at work because i have to park outside. Works really good for keeping te inside of my car cool on hot socal summer days.

11. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

They didn't have one for a chopped Terraplane, had to send some mesurments, fits great.Nice people to deal with. California that is.

12. I store about 40 vehicles every year and the California car covers are almost the best ones from what I've seen. Hell they even had one to fit my '34 panel delivery, who would have thunk it.

I say almost the best because there's one guy we call Bubble Bob that spent the extra bucks and got what I feel is the best (and admittedly a couple time more expensive) car "cover'. It's one of those bubble deals. There's a black plastic piece that you drive the car onto with a zipper around it. Then you pull the clear plastic bubble over the car, zip it up and plug in the 4" muffin fan. It blows up like a Santa Claus Xmas yard art piece. There's a foam filter at the fan so you get constantly recycled clean air, not chance on moisture problems (assuming you're using it indoors) and no chance of rodents getting in the car. As to all the car cover marketing hype about how soft the part is that touches the car fergitaboutit - with this one nothing touches the vehicle. I think they go for 4-500 bucks so they're not cheap but they're very well make and Bubble Bob's is on it's 5th year.

So ther's my two cents....

Deniis