Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone have any more pics of this COE motorhome????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparron426, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moparron426

moparron426

someone posted this picture in the COE thread and I wondered if anyone has any more pics of it, I would really like to see a side shot of it.
    I know its not very traditional, but I think its a cool idea:cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  2. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

camper body looks like and Argosy trailer mounted up onthe frame.

3. moparron426

moparron426

That what it looked like to me. a airstream trailer and a COE graphed together:cool:
    and I have an extra COE body :D:cool::rolleyes: Ron...

4. JF

JF
    from Utah

My friend took that picture this spring and emailed it to me becasue he knew how much I love my 51 and COE's, I unfortunatly missed that show. I already asked him if he had any more pictures of it. It sure looks like an airstream to me.

I am hopefully going to make it to the show it was at last, this next spring and get more details and pictures.

J

ps Ron what year and make is your COE body?

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The body is either Airstream or Argosy and the whole setup looks great. Those trailers are spendy even when they are older though.

Humm, I know where a good looking 1-1/2 ton Chevy AD truck is sitting. I sure don't need another project right now but my wife was talking motorhome.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. moparron426

moparron426

I have an extra 40 dodge COE that I want to make into a motor home and when I seen that picture, I said "That is what I want"

thanks for the picture:cool: Ron...

the back sure does look like this airstream

Attached Files:

7. JF

JF
    from Utah

Yep. you found one! I Would love to have that COE camper. I found a few 70's Airstreams just like that one right after I saw that picture. the cheapest ones I saw were close to 5k then there were 3 together on ebay here they are http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_569wt_1167
    I think they went for about 7200, it would have been a great deal for someone close; they could have sold 2 kept one and still pocketed some green!!

oh, hmm just noticed the reserve was not met! wonder if they are still around?

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That would be a really nice piece using a Spartan Mansion or other Spartan model for the motorhome coach body, not that its not nice as is.

9. Ruiner

Ruiner

Fiddy, you better not be lookin at this thread buddy...hehehe...

10. moparron426

moparron426

well I thought there might be more pics out there somewhere, guess not...

If anyone see's it I would appreciate it if you could get some pics for me thanks, Ron...:cool::D

11. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

Now I need to build one. That is very cool.

12. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

too late... i had that idea about 5 minutes after i bought the thing two years ago... be a bit of metalwork to blend the cab and front of the trailer together, but it'd be worth it

13. mtpockits

mtpockits

here the uglyest.

Attached Files:

14. David Walter

David Walter
    from Troy,Al

Thought you might like to see a friends 1948 Ford Tour Wagon, originally only around 100 built by Boyertown Bodyworks in PA. It still has the original cabinets, Ice box, stove and sink. It's been updated with a 351 Windsor/C6 and later front and rear suspension.

Attached Files:

15. moparron426

moparron426

It's been a while now and maybe some one has seen and taken some pics of this cool COE motorhome.

I would really like to see some side shots of it, so if you see this, please take some pics of it....:cool:

[​IMG]

16. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

anyone? someone has to have more pics of this!!!

17. Here's a couple......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. b-bop

b-bop

seriously Kona???? Where you been man? This thread is 2 years old :)

Attached Files:

19. b-bop

b-bop

21. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Sometimes you see an Airstream with front end damage for sale. Any damage on one of them is BIG $$$$ bucks to fix because you have to replace the panels with new ones from the Airstream factory. Of course, if you are going to paint it then you can fix a lot of things.

Another thing they suffer from is floor rot. Since the plywood or chip board floor is the only thing connecting the aluminum shell to the frame you get the dreaded "tail sag". This is also a major headache to fix properly.

So, older ones that need work do turn up at cheap prices sometimes. Even so we are talking about 2 or 3 thousand minimum.

22. It worked!

23. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

my wife wants to "live camping" . This counts right? (effin hippies)

24. I think she would enjoy camping more than the last one....

25. Good-God Ethyl!
    Looks like somebody done smacked it with the ugly stick!
    :eek:

26. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

That rig is just about the neatest thing I've ever seen. Not trad?? WTF does that have to do with it?? Cab is old and who knows what year the twinkie is.

27. mike hohnstein -

It simply means that it's not a Traditional Hot Rod or Custom ... and as neat as you or I might think it is, its "Street Roddy" styling (paint scheme, modern creature comforts, etc., etc.) really shouldn't be discussed on a forum dedicated to "Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide..."

Then again, you probably don't even care about the purpose of the H.A.M.B. ... 'cuz in the 4+ months that you have been a member, you have yet to figure out that none of the cars or interests you listed in your profile really fit this discussion board:

Cars
    83 Olds 98 2dr diesel, 82 Olds 88 4dr diesel, 84 Seville 4dr diesel, 70 Monte Carlo BB 4sp, 65 Dodge Coronet 440 2dr HT w/ 440/torqueflite 4.56 drag suspension, 92 F 150 4x4 Supercharged 351W, 90 F 150 4.9 4x4, 93 F 250 460 w/10.5 Lance camper, 83 Bl

Biography
    Bracket racing since 1975, led to fixing on trans, led to building transbrake valvebodies, led to installing millisecond timer on trans dyno to test and improve release times, probably first one in the country.
    ... Active on Wanderlodge Owners Group, putter with 5.7 GM diesels love 'em most of the time.

28. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No sure why we started to go down this road. Someone did a hell of a lot of nice work on the truck whether you like the color or not.

29. JF

JF
    from Utah

Thats Russ's camper. he did a super job on it. i wish i was talented like that. he is starting on another 51 coe now. i never saw it at autorama but have since seen it in person multiple times. he has some great projects.

30. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

exactly!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.