Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have any more info or pictures of this bitchin gasser?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SixFour, May 21, 2013.

1. SixFour

SixFour
    from So cal

I love the look of this car. Wondering if there is some info and pictures of it? And even better a build thread if one exists.

Attached Files:

2. Weasel

Weasel

Just google Ford 100E gasser and then click on images and quite a few similar cars will 'pop' up....;)

[​IMG]

3. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

Seen it out in Sacramento. Don't know who owns it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Im not a fan on how those wheel wells were just cut out. Looks "unfinished" to me.

5. Veach

Veach

I hear that

6. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

must run like the dickens thou...

7. kennb

kennb

Must be scary going down the quarter with that short wheelbase. Ken

8. oj

oj

58ish anglia? we had one on the street (in 1966? maybe) with a small block chevy stuffed in it. Treacherous little sucker. I remember racing the same GT350H nearly every weekend in the dockyards up in Portland Maine.

9. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

BITCHIN CAR !!! Chris

10. drunkandgreasy

drunkandgreasy
    from nunya

I dig the amount of speed holes, I dig the fenders for that very reason. That thing ain't show, I doubt the owner cares, it looks to me like he has one objective...

MAN! I'll bet that thing launches like sumbitch!

11. Hotrodlane34@gmail.com

[email protected]
    from TeAroha

Hi, cool 100e gasser, my name is Dave from new Zealand, we are in the process of gathering bits to build a 100e gasser, how tall are you rear slicks? As we have some 15x10 ensine sprints, we want to radius the rear guards and like the look of your radius and tyre hight, this is going to be a dirt dragster so want to look at options in tyres and would help me a lot if you could share the hight of your rear slick and then I can match it with some off road tyre. Thanks from Dave

12. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Here's my father's from around the same time.I had one in 68 put a front subframe with an axle in it and sold it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

55 Anglia 103E from Granite Bay, CA is what is on the owners TECH Card from our last race at Eagle Field. Cool little car and glad he joined us!

Attached Files:

14. Lockjaw

Lockjaw

car was first built by rocky's brother jangleguy ,then sold to rick smith who finished the car and ran it for a while. he then sold it to someone i don't know. first picture was taken in oregon and i'll add a photo of scotty trying it out when it was under construction.

Attached Files:

15. jangleguy

jangleguy

Ha! Thanks for posting that wonderful shot of me, Dr. Lockjaw...

Yeah, it's a '58 Anglia 100E. Every member of my club (Tyre Friars Hot Rod Gang - all English cars) owned it at one time or another, but it never got any love. When it was my turn, it was a complete bone stock car, but not for long. This was to be my first dedicated drag car (to run B/Gas with an alky injected 377" Chevy). Lockjaw helped me build the round chrome moly chassis for it. It was 90% done when the economy hit me and all the toys had to go.

Racing pal Rick Smith got it on the "Buddy Deal" plan. His vision was a street/strip car, so he built a mild rectangular steel chassis, added 10" to the nose, added headlight buckets, etc. He built a mild single 4-barrel SBC gas motor to run in C/Gas (10.60 index) and it ran right on the money.

Then Rick began building a '34 5-window and sold the car (which I named "BTU" for British Thermal Unit) to finance the coupe. The new owner (shown in the above "comin' atcha" shot) is Rich Feicheer, who also owns the bare metal '34 on the cover of this month's Hot Rod magazine. Funny to think of my old BTU sharing shop space with that thing... Attached is an early build photo from my old shop. Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

Scotty

Attached Files:

16. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Hey jangleguy!

Are the rumors of you and Florence Henderson true?

Sorry..... couldn't help myself.

17. jangleguy

jangleguy

Mashed: Pretty hard to deny photographic proof. Yes, I'm really Florence Henderson. There. I said it and I feel better for it.

18. mopacltd

mopacltd

That sure looks like the old "Mr. Peanut" car from San Diego.

19. noboD

noboD

They build them that way for B-ville too, 2012.

Attached Files: