Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anyone have an early 20's Dodge roadster? need help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalman, Sep 10, 2016.

1. metalman

metalman

Hey Guys. I'm in the process of restoring the body on the Iron Brogan. I got the doors figured out and rebuilt but need some help on the lower 1/4 panels. As you can see sometime in the past someone cut wheel tubs so the bottom where the 1/4s meets the rockers is missing. Anyone have one of these bodies without interior that could post a pic of what this area is suppose to look like, particularly the inside where the 1/4 panel door jam transision to the rocker area? I'm sure I could fake it and come up with something but we would like it to look as original as possible. Thanks
    CoolRoadster.jpg 100_1816.JPG ibpic.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. F&J

F&J

Is that turtle deck a Dodge roadster? I can't tell what the front body was: Touring/open cab truck/ or roadster? Which one?

A roadster does not have rear tubs. The fender ran along side of the Dodge turtle deck.

I don't recall how the touring was, without looking at a pic on the net.

3. metalman

metalman

The turtle deck in the picture is off a Ford, added later. Actually maybe I shouldn't of called it a roadster, we don't know if it was a truck, front half of a touring or what. It was just an old body Bobby pulled out of a field 60 years ago.
    What I call the 1/4 panel is about 10" long and framed with heavy steel frame that appear original, my guess it was a roadster PU. Any open top Dodge from the early 20's probably was made similar in the area I'm looking for.