Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have a problem with me doing this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Don't shoot the messenger, but I think the threads should be displayed like this

> HOT RODS & CUSTOMS ( TRADITIONAL )

> HOT RODS & CUSTOMS ( STYLED )

> GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

> CLASSIFIEDS

> EVENTS & HAPPENINGS

And then let the individual select which category their topic should be presented in.
    just my two cents

Posted from AR

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  2. It does the exact same thing for me as well if I try and do my search right off the main board however if I click on Ryan's sticky at the top of the board for how to search the forum and use that link to the search function the advanced search works then.

3. ryno

ryno

weird, i tried that, it works, but if i do it like normal it will not work.
    thanks

4. Damn Ryan!! You've got wayyy more patience than I've got....

5. The HAMB like it was with the two traditional forums is good. As it is now, I have to check 3 forums, and consequently spend less time here. Make the change!

6. 296ardun

296ardun

Dean said it well, agree, make the change...and thanks for caring what we all think, that does take patience!!

7. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Before the last update, I usually spent my time here on the "HAMB" section. After the last update, I spend my time on the "HAMB" section. About once a month I venture into the classifieds to see what I can't afford.

Since the update, nothing has changed for me except the content of the HAMB section has seemed a little less, and I miss the sticky's.

I have a simple mind, with limited time. Please keep it simple for me and others like me. That said, whatever you do, I'll still be here, maybe less informed, less connected, and more confused, but still here. I have survived several changes the HAMB has been through since the late 1990s and will survive whatever is next. You are the Boss, you do what you think is best, but keep in mind, most things designed by committee are watered down versions of things that were originally designed by 1 person. The HAMB has gotten to this place in time by you doing what you thought was best. I see no reason for that to change now. Gene

8. shadams

shadams

My vote is to keep it the way it is now. I am really enjoying the trad section, as I can see what kinds of cars are actually traditional in the strictest sense. I also like the trad styled as I can look at cars that are more my style, at least at this point. They would get lost mixed in with everything else. I can see how it could be a lot more work, but I dont get what is so confusing for others. Anyway, will be here either way...thanks...

9. spiders web

spiders web

KISS That sums it up!

10. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

That would work with the general discussions for alternators,electronic ignitions,IFS and other not so traditional stuff.

11. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

The KISS theory is always best - I liked the original version and look at whatever sounds interesting or useful information.

12. A Rodder

A Rodder

I've been on the forum a total of probably five hours since you started this thread,

I load the page which goes to this section of the hamb, instantly hit Hamb, and go to the traditionally styled hot rods.

I don't know if that's good or bad. I like going directly to what I like, but then, obviously mis other threads that interest me.

Are you changing only due to the process of relocating threads, and if not I am curious what other benefits there will be from your perspective?

To me, its a flip of a coin....

13. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I was use to the way it originally was, so any change back toward that format works for me. I was having so much trouble finding stuff the new way. Simplify works for me. Thanks.

14. One of the best lessons learned here on the Hamb....... less is more.

15. Are you keeping the HAMB online? If so, that is all I needed to hear.....

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

when is this happening?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. As Admiral David Farragut said "Damn the torpedoes,full speed ahead.":D HRP

18. The easier to use the better. With too many different sections there would always be a conflict with 2 people thinking a vehicle would belong in 2 different places

19. I do not care how you configure the hamb, I will always be a member of "THE BEST DAMN HOTROD FORUM ON THE NET!!!!!!!!!!"

20. Ryan, that would work for me.

21. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

I thought it would be better the way it is, I was damn excited about getting into the "traditional styled" forum, but I dont understand the policing of it. IMO "styled" means it should look traditional with "who cares what is under the skin", but now it is being looked at as only "certain" upgrades are allowed? I learned about jag IFS swaps here and now they are taboo even in the "styled" forum. If it will be regulated that way ( and I assume regulated that way in the catch all forum being suggested) I think it should go back to one forum only with hardcore traditional only cars and parts, no upgrades allowed at all. None. Of course then mine and most of the cars here will then be OT.
    Now if you can allow all "hidden" upgrades to the "styled" cars then I am all for the change. This is one of the few sites out there with what seem like adults that spin wrenches and dont just spew internet crap they read somewhere. I hope there can be some leeyway there so more of us can participate. Hardcore guys dont have to read the "slightly not" threads. I was ready to sign up for an alliance membership but then felt tossed out before I ever got in.

22. A Rodder

A Rodder

that!

23. I am very comfortable with the current forums and spend most of my time in "traditionally styled" forum. Moving the Traditional Discussions forum into the consolidated HAMB would be ok, but just the title "traditional discussion" seems to weed out some of the garbage posts. Regardless, HAMB seems to be going in a good direction and will survive all the hiccups.

24. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Well said, totally agree!

25. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

I think it's a great idea...

26. Your place, your rules. Do what you think best.

27. ems customer service

ems customer service

it is ok to do it, just try to do it with out turning off the hamb, it is hard to go cold turkey for more 3 min. most of us have no life outside of the hamb

28. Model T1

Model T1

I can live without it.

What ! Did you say MORE THAN THREE MINUTES ? :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

29. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Would love the idea !!!

30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well put, many of us have outwardly traditional builds with upgraded suspension and brakes. I thought that was what "traditionally styled" was all about. The rods and customs that can pass the 20 ft test but don't have the 70+ year old suspension and brakes or engine. Outside of the seats my 48 will outwardly appear that it "could have been" built in 1957 but it will have independent suspension and a later six in it. The Model A will be a different story, having correct traditional hot rod build pieces or reproductions of said pieces. The T-5 behind the flathead will be one of the few later pieces on it and if you can scoot under the car to see it you are a bit too damned snoopy anyhow.