Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have a 1950 Styleline Deluxe....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by riseabove_xxx, May 5, 2012.

1. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

.... and run a SBC 350 with stock suspension?

If so coule you please send some pictures this way of how everything looks and how you did it?
    I have my body off the frame and the suspension is off. The motor and trans is in the frame and bolted down. I "test fit" the front suspension (Put it underneath the frame where it goes and eyeballed everything). It looks like alot is going to hit and cause problems.

More info if needed is I plan to get droped spindals and steering arms. I have hugger headers on the motor. if you need any more info let me know.

I appreciate your time.

2. RayMiller

RayMiller

I put a sbc in my dads 49 fleet line but the scenario is the same, we did it with the suspension in and checked the steering and all that prior to welding our mounts in. That the best way to do it because you can adjust it ahead of time to compensate. The only issue we had was the exhaust was going to hit the sterling box so we used block hugger headers and modified them to work. Don't have any pics on my phone but I'll try to get some for you.

3. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

thanks dude. I appreciate it.
    Im hoping that the car gods will let everything bolt up and work smoothley and i can be crusing before winter.....

4. docmike

docmike

I've got a '51 that I'm collecting parts to put a 327 with a turbo 350 into. If you are planning on running anything but the stock trans you will need to change the rearend because the original has an enclosed driveline. There's lots of information here and on Chevytalk.com on what it takes to do this swap....time to start reading.

Doc

5. Davyj

Davyj

We did a 53 sedan, used a rear out of a 84 Malibu, wheels fit nicely. we also cut the original column off about 6" above the steering box, ground some flats on it and installed the 84 column to get the ignition switch, tilt and signals.Remember if you have a clearance problem with the steering, almost all new cars have the motor offset to the passenger side by an inch or more................................

6. sololobo

sololobo

Nuthin as pretty as a 84 Monte Carlo wheel in a 50 Chevy. What the hell are you thinking? Quit it already! That is the kind of stuff that can kill the good looks of a car faster than about anything going. I am in a rant against all my fave pet peeves so pretend you didn't read this. sorry if your offended! ~sololobo~

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I don't have the stock suspension, but here is where your motor should go in relation to the firewall and front frame crossmember. in the pic with the tape measure pointing to just below that hole, that point is level with the top of the frame. the motor is tilted 3 degrees back.

THIS MOTOR HAS A LONG WATER PUMP.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2012