Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone had problems with hurst racing tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paul55, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

What do you mean GETTING old ? I AM old already. :eek::D

Don

2. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

The only patience shown was in avoiding taking any responsibility and in passing blame onto others. First, it was bad wheels we had. Mounted on new ones and same problem! Next, it was the balancing method being used( high speed and static), so we try Cody's method(direct wheel pattern) and required more weight. Call back, and now it's nobody in Michigan knows how to mount, balance or dismount a tire. Then, don't bother returning, because the bead on one tire is no longer perfect. DO YOU SEE A PATTERN HERE? ANYBODY? Are you kidding? This is patience and working with a customer? This is simply a lack of taking responsibility for your product and standing behind it, and not making excuses for it!
    <!-- / message -->

3. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

<TABLE id=post8221116 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" id=td_post_8221116 class=alt1>Almost forgot, the last thing we were told to do was to just take off all the weights and just run'em. Tried that too and I'm sure you know what that outcome was. Yep, vibrated your teeth! We did everything that was told and asked of us. Right at the onset of problems, Cody should have said there was an obvious a prob. and just send'em back and we'll send out some new ones. Simple! Would have had a repeat customer and a handfull of new ones.
    <!-- / message -->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt2>[​IMG] [​IMG] </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls -->[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4. Camm

Camm

I have a set on the back of my gasser and i run no weights. I have no problems.

5. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

these required over a pound of weight each to balance out. Not acceptable by anyone's standards.

6. That would be "we", there is no I in team. :D

This is way off topic but one of the other fellas and I have been talking back and forth about things in general and it has become appearant that some of our views date us a 20th century relics.

I suppose that our view on customer service would be one of the things in question. Probably our views on whinning would also count as well as being straight forward and sayiong what we think.

Perhaps that would make a good thread, or not. Probably lots of room for drama in a thread like that. :eek:

Anyway that would be we not I my friend. ;)

Well I followed the rabbit right down the hole on that one, sorry about that. Hey has anyone seen the mushroom I gotta fit through that little door.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

can any of you see where I laid my glasses?...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. They're on your head. Sheeesh. :D

9. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

dad is 75 yrs young and we're still working on hot rods together. He's been a member of NSRA since 71'. Did the show scene in early 60's, drag racing in mid 60's and back into hot rods for the street in late 60's early 70's. Grew up on dirt tracks down south in late 40's and 50's. Always been a 55-57 chevy in the drive and a hot rod in the garage. I've been around these cars and the good people in it for all of my 50 yrs. Was brought up to be honest and always do right by people. So, I may be a little younger, but I can relate to the comments pertaining to customer service. It ain't what I'm used to!

10. Phttttt, that honesty and doing right by folks is like so 20 minutes ago.

Here is something that I have proven time and time again in my lifetime, no good deed goes unpunished. If you are going to live that way you are going to receive some hard knocks. Probably worth it, it will make you tuff as nails if not a little cynical. ;)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  11. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Cody must have called someone, because one of the other threads relating to hurst tires is now closed! Other threads, hundres of pages, this one closed after 5?

12. Not necessarily. I definitely reported a thread on this after it came to personal attacks on individuals not even involved in your tire situation.

13. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

understand, thanks for the reply. Paul

14. Ryan , closed the thread if you saw the end. This thread will most likely be closed also. You have stated what you needed to say, and by opening another thread of the same issue and hashing over the same issues is a waste of time . I think it's just time you move on and maybe just be finished with it. You made your points.. and enough said.

15. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Damn, are we still beating this horse?

16. Hell yea, I had to go out and get a different stick. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder if these threads even ever accomplish anything.We beat up on Marty until he got sick and died, he still ran his business right up until the end and still ran it the same as he always did.

People will always do what they see fit, even folks that go to church where guilt is a real tool, people still live the way they see fit. No one ever really changes as much as we would like them to. Just ask anyone who has ever sent me an ugly mail.

17. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

An 'Ugly Male'?:D
    Damn I promised myself not to post on this thread..oh well too late now.

18. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Looks like you may need to go out and get a different horse too. :p

19. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I suspect those of you that want this dropped would have a different opinion if you were out $700 for wall decor. Just saying... There are other interesting threads you could read if you don't like this one.

20. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

There are other far more interesting threads on this board. But with it's drama and whining, this one is quite entertaining. Just saying. ;)

21. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

understand that too! paul

22. Give is rest ! We have heard both sides here.... You stated your point Paul55...and fine . Why are you just beating a dead horse as was put earlier...
    This thread needs to go bye, bye....

23. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Just trying to educate people on a product they may buy and the people they'll be dealing with! Why do you keep reading it, if it bothers you. Move on and read some other threads.

24. :p its like a train wreck, you just can't look away. :p :D:D

25. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Well, Cody responded to my PM and we had a good phone conversation.

I might (and probably will do) business with him again.

If and when that happens I will share it and make a judgement.

And since the horse is mincemeat after this I have to be fair and say he still has more positive feedback than negative and that is going to impact most peoples choice.

To continue beating up on Cody is getting kinda of petty. We all understand you and I both had negative experiences...anybody can find that now. Unless somebody new comes in to add something new to go any further is counter productive.

26. HamD

HamD

Years back, I couldn't find a single soul in or around Phx who would correct out-of-round tires for the life of me.

I had some vicious vibration at speed and got the run-around from "must be the wheels / drums / bearings / spindles / axles / axle bearings / differential." (which had all at some time or another either been swapped or the tires showed the issue on another car) so I definitely know the frustration.

Anyway, thanks for the referral!

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I get more consistent as I age too. I find myself consistantly teling the same stories, over and over...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  28. VonWegener

VonWegener

Where are the pictures that HotRodRubber asked for? All we have are the accusations from one side. Where is the proof in pictures?

29. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

You can't take a pic of a tire that simply can't be balanced, which was the issue at hand, not the bead. On one tire the bead is fine, the other has a few places coming loose. Not issue at hand, but will try to post a few pics, but is a moot point.

The "train wreck" comment was good! Unless Cody decides to man up and make it right, it looks like it's going to be what it is!

30. I have to ask everyone telling the OP to drop the subject what they would do in his shoes?....I can't believe that you all would just forget about it....I know I would tell everyone I know/met/within earshot not to buy from someone who screwed me till the day I die or they made it right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.