Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone Got Info On This '40 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steve 38, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Steve 38

Steve 38

I copied this photo and put it in a folder I have on my pc, and I just love the car! I got it off the HAMB a few months ago, and I know it is/was owned by a HAMB member. I'd love to get some details on it, ie, what mods have been done to the suspension to get the stance (which is just right!) and what size wheels and tyres are fitted to it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

Built by Roadstar I think.

3. Steve 38

Steve 38

Thanks for that. I'll just bump this up in the hope of getting some more info.

4. S.F.

S.F.

No info on that Bitchin 40 Ford but does anyone have any info on Dave Lotz 40 Ford?

Attached Files:

5. Mootz

Mootz

Roadstar built it, do a search for "voodoo child". Lots of pics and info. One of the best 40's ever.

Mootz

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

If you PM roadstar, he could tell you about the suspension and tire sizes -- and I'd like to read his response!

7. I did the interior in it over 15 years ago! I considered myself as having "made it" when it made the cover of Hot Rod!

PS, did not intend to commit thread necromancy, I found this thread in an unrelated search.

8. 19Fordy

19Fordy

When I first saw Dave Lotz's 40 on the cover of HOT ROD in Feb.2001 I managed to get in touch with him as I wanted mine to have the same "look." At the time he told me he used a 4 inch dropped axle with Coker Classic 560x15's up front and Coker BF Goodrich 760-15 with 3 3/8 white wall out back. So I did the same. I have not been able to get in touch with him since, but would like to. He is one talented and very artistic person, plus a died in the wool car guy. His 40 is a classic. Hope he reads this and joins HAMB. I never could match Dave's "look".

Attached Files:

9. Roadster's 40 is an example of a perfect 40. Maybe he will join in and give the specs. Believe it went to Denise's Dad, and is now owned by Goodguy Gary Meadors
    (it was at Nashville)

10. I will try to contact Dave. I have since done more work for him that is also very HAMB friendly. I cant believe he does not know about this site. Him and his CC have been building trad stuff around here for a long time.

11. hotrodA is correct ... here's a couple of snapshots of it @ Goodguy's 20th Autumn Get-Together in Pleasanton, California (November 14, 2009):

Gary Meadors '40 Coupe (1).JPG
    Gary Meadors '40 Coupe (2).JPG

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016