Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone going to the Mooneyes Christmas party?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dad Was A Racer, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Dad Was A Racer

Dad Was A Racer
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heading out from Texas on Friday for the Moon x-mas party and drags on Saturday the 12th, wondering how many other HAMB'ers were going? FYI this is the last year for the event, as Irwindale drag strip is closing and there are no plans to move it to another venue... Sad.

2. exterminator

exterminator

I am hoping they move it to Fontana raceway!:)

51 mercules and 55belairx2 like this.
  3. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Mooneyes site has a big warning about limited parking. gates open at 6AM and close when the people that run the race track say it there is no more room to park. snooze and you will loose at spot.

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Hoping to be there with my 54 Stude, 2dr. wagon.

Mike

LeoH likes this.
  6. Crankhole

Crankhole

I'll be there. Look for the guy in the black shirt, blue jeans and converse...and say hi. :D

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

The pre-registration gate is worthless. The turning lanes are blocked off so you must go around, which creates a huge traffic jam. The pre-registered or not, they funnel you into the same gate. 2 years ago, they closed the gates at 7 am because the lot was full. I was lucky and got the last parking space. Last year, I arrived at 6 am and they wouldn't let me go to the pre-registered gate so it took forever to get in. Saturday, I may arrive at 3 am and just wait. Hopefully I'll wait at the pre-registration gate because it moves faster. BTW, if you are racing, they let you in Friday night.

8. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

Do you have to be racing to get in the night before? Seems like I have heard of whole car clubs being able to get in on Friday. If so, do they let you sleep there?

9. when I asked about camping, they said no. They'll let you set up Friday night, but you have to leave and come back. Good Luck to all the racers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

what time do the drags start?

11. depends on weather. normally, 9 or 10

12. Always been on the bucket list,but, I can't have my car used for ring ropes when the boxing match starts.....I don't need a life sentence in the hoosgow for loosing my mind and reacting.........:mad:

13. leroux

leroux
    from SoCAl

where do you find out about getting in if you race the night before?

14. as long as your pre-registered, and mooneyes sent the confirmation, you show at a pit gate and they let you in