Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone going to Kalamazoo?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raprap, Sep 5, 2012.

1. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I used to go to the the NSRA Nats North for many years but have not gone for a while. Is this still a good show? I remember the swap meet being a real good time. just asking as it's next weekend.

Rap

2. We're going for the swap meet.

3. medic3579

medic3579

I have never been to this show even though I only live an hour or so away. Some buddies of mine go every year and asked me to go with them. They too said the swap meet alone is worth going. I'm thinking it might be worth my while to go and shop for some parts at least and if I get to drool over a few niice rides while I'm there, Bonus!

4. rer_239

rer_239

yep! the swap is my biggest draw too.:D
    rer_239

5. millersgarage

millersgarage

I am always there. Been going to this show forever.

swap is great, show is great, people are great

6. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Sounds good. Hope to see some of you there. Stop by and and say hi!
    Good luck at the Swap!

Bob

7. 416Ford

416Ford

Been going for year and this is the first year with a car. Swap is pretty good also.

8. Rodders

Rodders

Ya its a good show will be the first year i am going with out a car. But i am going for parts so it will still be fun

9. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

I'll be there again. Good swap meet for all three days. It does get a little thin on Sunday sometimes. But there is usually new sellers everyday. Great show great peopleand a great location.

10. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I'll be there, never miss it! This year with a car for the first time in a few years! Is there a HAMB gettogether planned? see U there! Swap meet is great as is the rest of the show!

11. Anyone gonna' have a car or sale spot? Meet and greet?

12. im taking the ferry across the lake then going to see my kid at ferris state. showing up for the show on friday. i will be driving the orange 31 chrysler coupe with the blown hemi and eight 97s. i have not been to this show in years. was great then hope it still is.

13. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I'll be looking for you. Have a safe trip on that ferry. I've taken it before and at times, it can get rough.

14. trbomax

trbomax

I didnt know there was such a thing and I'm 175 mi or so north. Where do I get all the skinney on it ? My BIL lives there and he'd want to go too.

15. I'll be working there. GM dealership I work for is a GM Performance Parts dealer. I am one of the performance team there. I hesitate to mention the dealership name as I don't want to use this forum as an advertising venue. I think we are the only GMPP dealer at this event. Should not be too hard to find us.

If you see the display, ask for Joe. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday

16. there is a high speed ferry out of milwaukee and it takes about 2 1/2 hrs. its called the lake express. the other leaves out of manitawauk and it takes 4 hrs.its called the badger ferry. of course the faster one costs a few dollars more. it is for sure cheaper to drive around the lake cost is 82.50 per adult a car one way is 87.00 just to give you a idea of cost. its more of a convenience thing for me this trip it puts me closer to ferris state univ. i will most likely drive home.

17. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

We'll have the RRT BBQ going all weekend. On this map http://www.kalcounty.com/parks/expo/facility.htm Map.pdf we will be located on the west lawn, just across the street to the north of barns 18 and 19.

You are welcome to use it for a meet and greet all three days if you like.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  18. the link won't work

19. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Sounds great. I know where those barns are!

20. Harms Way

Harms Way

I'm planning on it.

21. millersgarage

millersgarage

hey raprap, I think I met you there a few years back. Your car has a split 6 with big tips right?
    You were at the same hotel as me. May have been the washout of '08

There was always a HAMB tent as I remember, near the chicken place.

22. Going for sure-Only missed one time since '96-always a good show and swap meet seems to be getting better all the time.
    Can't beat a fall show in Michigan

23. trbomax

trbomax

Nancy and I decided to go.Ill bet theres not a motel room within 30 miles of kzoo.

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I just got a room today at the Baymont Inn in Kzoo.

Lets do a noon meet & greet on Saturday at the RRT BBQ trailer which is located in the north west grass area across from the white barns that Enjenjo just mentioned. The tent is right on the corner. I'll hang a HAMB banner there too and will have my baby blue '60 Pontiac Catalina 9 passenger Safari station wagon there as well.

If anyone has any old good for nothing flathead heads or old headlight buckets, I'd be willing to trade some cookies for them. :D

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  25. myforty40

myforty40
    from Hebron, in

Yes the swap meet is still great and worth seeing. I'm heading there to check out the swap meet as well.

26. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Miller's Garage,

That was me. That ws a really wet weekend with even a tornado warning on Sat afternoon! Wow, when I got home, Hurricane Ike hit us and we were without power for 8 days. I'm really hoping this tome is better.
    Will be looking for you!

27. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

you're going to the zoo? what happened to "fuck the NSRA, I'll never attend another NSRA event"?

28. millersgarage

millersgarage

I am glad to see her going again.

see ya there!

29. Dad and I will be going this year. Hope to find some parts at the swap for our new 32 chevy 5 window project too.
    Matt