Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage anyone goin to tin dusters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfcockedcustoms, Oct 14, 2008.

1. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

I plan on going sunday,,,seen a few hambers there last year,,, any this year,,,would like to meet more of you guys face to face,,,,

2. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I went on Sunday last year... it's an OK show (but I won't be there this year). It was a big show with about 800 cars (but only 40-50 of them worth stopping to look at. The park itself was a real nice place. They had good food plus crafts and stuff like that (if the wife is interested in that kind of thing). Besides what else is there to do down there in mid-October and it's always nice to chat with friends. Here are a few pictures I took.. the rest of the cars were purely street rods.

Oh, take an Ipod or something unless you want to hear the same 30 hits from the 50's played, no.. blared.. over and over.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w218/TudorJeff/Tin%20Dusters Quincy 2007/?start=all

3. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

I try to make it every year,,it's a cheap birthday present for my dad,,,it's funny to hear some of his old car storys as we're walkin around,,,and he's a hillbilly so it's fun to see him out in public,,,,,

4. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

^^^and because it's close

5. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

6. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

were's it at never heard of it.

7. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

It's in Quincy, Illinois. I was planning to go, but the weather slowed up my garage construction, so maybe next year. If you go, be sure to check out Wanda's Walleye Wagon- great fish dinners.

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ill be there if were not pickin corn.... not sure which day yet....boy has a karate tourney that sat, so be kool to do both while in the area....

9. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

seen ya last year,,,

10. kropduster

kropduster

gotta go to breeders neck of the woods on sat, prolly gonna go on sunday...

11. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I always go down. It's a nice drive this time of the year, plus, the hospitality in Quincy is great. I always take Rt 24 going, but take the x-way home on Sunday. In fact, I believe I go through Rushville???? Have a safe trip. Stu

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

trailerEd will be there! hes a throphy whore!!! ;)

13. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

2 more days hell! its started!!!!! fri, sat and sunday!!!! bet there a bit chilli tonight!!!!!LOL