Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone from Belvidere, Ill. remember...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrenchbender54, Feb 18, 2008.

1. In the late 60's, there was a "competition" orange '55 Chevy running around the Belvidere, Ill area. My Dad told me about seeing it in '65. I know this is a long shot, but what the hell! If anyone remembers this car, send me a PM. It's kind of important. I'll fill you in later.

2. igby

igby

Born and raised in bevidere 54 yrs . in caledonia il beloit rd argyle subdivision. Remember it like yesterday, no pics though, was nice car use to run with my brothers 65 impala ,till he wrecked the impala.
    there were other cars, like the yellow 57 chevy, had spider webs on the low fenders front wheel. there was a vw with 327, sat in back seat to drive,fun car, then i heard he rolled it on a curve.next time saw it was painted orange. chopped top 3 inches.
    use to ride with brother from AW to other end of town to dog and suds, then go to MCDONALDS and sit and talk,drive over to AW and have mug.Girls wore real rolller skates, was lot of fun.
    One other car remember was a baby blue super bee 4 speed raised high but level man that thing sounded so good, when he took off.
    also a red 55 chevy ( candy color) first time saw. then also rogers 55chevy that he still takes to all the shows now,all original to that day. talk to roger all time over at RBI restaurant in rockford all the time.

3. Was the orange '55 owned by a guy named Rich??

4. ....along these same lines; does anyone have a pic of an orange/white 55 Chevy that raced at Rockford(Byron) dragway in the 60's. Super nice car, had a large gold Chevy bowtie on door with the letters E,S & W. It mite have been sponsored by Rockford Performance Center or ? Saw it run every week, it was a 4-speed car.