Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ever used UTECH paint???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Jun 7, 2007.

1. In my never ending quest to come up with the best/economical/user friendly paint system to use on my car. I stopped by the local body shop today. They do alot of collision work along with race cars and some custom stuff. They have been in business along time and have a good reputation.

Anyway they use and recommended UTECH. It is a division of Sikkens I guess. He was very impressed with their new E-350 Epoxy primer he said thay it can be used as abase coat, and a high build(multiple coats) and it sands well and you can shoot the color over it without a sealer coat.And their products are reasonably priced. Anyone have any experience with any of the UTECH paints or primers?

Thanks,
    Todd

2. ray

ray
    from colorado

i'm no paint & body man, but i've used the utech epoxy primer, and some of their topcoats too, i was happy with it, especially the epoxy primer. i shot a car with it, it sat outside for 4 years, primer got a bit chalky on the surface, but not a hint of rust. i stripped it all the way down as a precaution anyway, no corrosion beneath it. it shot decent, dried quick and sanded easy. much better than the epoxy primer i've been using lately, but i like the dealer i get the current stuff from better. i should really switch back to the utech.

3. Chad s

Chad s

I use their epoxy sealer and high build primer. Its a lot less expensive than PPG. I have used both the U-Tech epoxy, and PPG DP series epoxy, I prefer the U-tech over the PPG.

4. Thanks. That is what I was hoping to here!!