Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ever use Brookville "A" sub rails???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Streetwerkz, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

Have purchased most of my sheet metal from Howell's for this project.
    Seems they are not answering the phone, so I am looking for alternatives.
    while I have been happy with the Howell parts, if they aren't answering the phone, I ain't sending $300+ and hoping to get my parts
    During a web search I see that Brookville sell full sub rails for the same price as Howell's.

I know Brookville makes nice parts, but has anyone used the full length Model A sub rails?
    If so what did you think, and how did they fit?

thanks
    Josh

2. alchemy

alchemy

A lot of the Howell's website pics look suspiciously like Brookville parts. I think they may cross-sell. A lot of suppliers do.

Did you think Brookville made all those A parts by themselves?

3. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey Josh,

I ordered a set from snyders for my RPU... when compaired to the origional remains i had they were close but not exact.. i think this is the way with all aftermarket parts. However....they were fast and quite nice. Im sure sone one supplies both vendors because my boxes were shipped to Snyders from a supplier.... addies were only scratched out...lol

4. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

Snyder's is an option also, they were $15 more.
    Both company's are about the same distance, so shipping should be about the same for me.
    I don't have any first hand knowledge that the sub rails do, or don't come from one supplier, thats why I ask :)
    My sub rails don't even exist, if it's not perfect thats fine, your right seems no matter what you get it's always close, but not perfect

5. unclerichard

unclerichard
    from Michigan

When I ordered mine for my coupe, I ordered from MACS but they came direct from Brookville. Price was decent at the time and the fit was EXCELLENT. No complaints at all.

6. Bought mine (29 Tudor) from Snyder's. Pleased with their customer service and attitudes. Just like anything else for these things, minor massage work to make'm fit.

7. ken1939

ken1939

I used brookvilles on my 32, they were ok.

8. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

Ordered the Brookville's 2 days ago, they got here today.
    they look great, and after playing with them for a few minutes seem like they will werk just fine.
    I consider this transaction, and these parts a success

9. I bought a Brookville subframe for my RPU project, but as recommended by someone on here I bought an ASSEMBLED subframe so as it would be square and true from Brookvilles' jig. It was a GREAT foundation to start from with only a collection of body panels and such.