Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone ever setup or seen a FED set up w/ a I-beam axle w/ a torsion bar setup ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I was thinking about using a 4'' dropped I-Beam drilled front axle, but using the old dragster front torsion mount instead of a spring pack. Was thinking about attaching the torsion mount brackets thru two of the drilled axle holes. Make up a bracket that bolts thru the hole maybe sandwiched ? I may just use the traditional spring pack, but would like to explore the other.........Anyone have pics of something like this being done, it have been done allot, but failed to find any examples.....I am thinking the spring pack would be stronger thou.......Thanks, Littleman Dave

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

There's an old modified that I think Xderelict references that used a torsion setup. Let me take a look...

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

5. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

A buddy of mine is going to do that on his dragster I made him tabs to mount the axle to the torsin bars, it will use radis rods with batwing mounts on the axle, shoot me a email [email protected] and I'll get some pics when he starts Tim Jones