Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ever see one of these bikes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safariknut, Feb 9, 2004.

1. This pic was taken at a restaurant in Ohio when we were returning from a car show.It is a Yamaha V-Max with a carbon fibre tank and rear fender,BBS wheels,and a sidecar.Note the modified front fork to fit around the outsized tire.The sidecar tire and rim is much smaller than the other two.Supposedly it was constructed in Germany but there were no makers marks anywhere on the machine.I can't imagine even riding a REGULAR V-Max let alone one with a sidecar.Anyone ever seen or heard of one?I've tried several websites with no luck.
    Ray

2. Thats SICK!!! I have ridden a VMax, most impressive bike ever.

3. builtbyme

builtbyme

[​IMG]WTF????
    Why put a car tire on front???

4. Looks like a car tire,with different forks.
    There is a whole different 3 wheeled cult thing over there,
    seems like most of them are painted Black,
    and they will use automotive parts without hesitation.
    Mad Max would be proud.

5. Scrapyard

Scrapyard

I saw a similar thing done with a TL1000. Wounder if it's the same company? The front end looks like the same design. They had to totally reframe the bike to do it though. Probablly a little bit easier with a perimeter frame.

Here's a link to the TL. Said it was made by a company named RDS. RDS neptune side car

6. builtbyme

builtbyme

Hmmmm...
    [​IMG]Loss of equilibrium....
    [​IMG]Need training wheels...
    [​IMG]Hmmmm...

[​IMG]sidecar...
    [​IMG]car tires...
    [​IMG]CD player...
    [​IMG]cup holder....

7. Greazer

Greazer

Here's a site for what appears to be a Swiss company that produces sidecars for the V-Max (among other makes). The front suspension isn't as modified though.

http://www.armec.com/tremola2.html

Attached Files:

8. BigJim394

BigJim394

The front fork is an "Earles" style fork as used on BMW motorcycles in the 50's and early 60's (though this one is custom built). Supposed to be an excellent fork for sidecar equipped bikes. But a V Max sidecar rig....well, at least you could easily scare the hell out of the passenger in the "chair".

9. [ QUOTE ]
    Here's a site for what appears to be a Swiss company that produces sidecars for the V-Max (among other makes). The front suspension isn't as modified though

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think that might possibly be the company as they state under the pic of that conversion that a leading link front end is available.Thanks for the info! I tried to download the catalog but my computer won't let me do it.The guy who"fixed"my computer put in some kind of blocking program to try and eliminate bugs.Probably why my e-mail doesn't work either.

10. McGrath

McGrath

Thats kind of degrading for the Vmax.... [​IMG]

11. ray

ray
    from colorado

there are some nuts over here on 3 wheels!

theres the guy in town here, who is crippled, who has a bike with a sidecar...he drives from the sidecar, really gets the double takes when people see a riderless motorcycle going down the road!

and then some yahoo on a trike...a trike with a DETROIT DIESEL inline 6! this thing had a SEMI front tire! on a trike! this thing was bigger than any car.

12. disastron13

disastron13

The leading link forks are from
    Unit Sidecars in England, good website.
    CMA cast wheels
    Body looks like an ordinary Ural or Dniepr, russian ex-military