Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ever heard of this guy? (ohio)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little_E, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Little_E

Little_E

I was on my way to a job interview yesterday and saw a bunch of old cars sitting along the road. I swung in on the way back and checked it out. The guy's name is Phil Stalling and his shop is on SR 13 North of Newark, OH. www.philstalling.com Seemed like they had some cool stuff, some crap too, but all in all it was worth stopping by. If any Central Ohio HAMBers know anything about this guy I am just curious about his operation and all.

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

He's been in business for quite a few years. Most of his stuff is rough and overpriced. His longetivity may say something..
    Thats all i know.

3. Little_E

Little_E

That's what I kinda figured after looking at the 32 Ford PU he has listed at 12,500. I mean it wasn't in the best of shape, but there was good metal to work with. Standard SMC in it, didn't impress me enough to think it was worth what he's askin. But I've never shopped those trucks before so I guess I don't know what they're fetchin for a price.

4. "Imagine, 50's looks but a late model 5.0 V-8, automatic, cruise, tilt, air, sunroof, power steering, and brakes. A classic that you can drive everyday!!"

Yeah, instead, imagine tracking down the guy that built this car and holding him face-down in a toilet until the bubbles stopped.

Which is harsh, yeah, but my god, so is that car. Five-oh Thunderchickens are badass sleepers, too.

5. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

crappy kit car they need to put a disclaimer that states. " NO SHOEBOX FOX WERE INJURED TO BUILD THIS POS"

6. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Yeah, but who could stand all the guys coming up and saying "but a shoebox is a '55-'57 Chevy!"?

You see the Phil Stalling cars in the Michigan Auto & RV publications quite often. They are usually pretty cheap for what the picture looks like, which always leads me to believe that they've got to be serioiusly rough where the pics don't show.