Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ever cruise Main St in Longmont Colorado when they were younger?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Lafnbowtie

Lafnbowtie
    from N.Colorado

Well, went to the cruise in Longmont again, with the light rain people were still out and about! Talked with Joe Barry in the '56 BBC turbo car for a good part of the night across from the Walgreens, pretty good hangout, and alot of nice cars and trucks even with the light rain, anyone else go?

2. Lynn783

Lynn783

Cruised there a few times before they cut it off. Mainly hung out at the Frosted Scotchman on N Federal and 15th and 16th streets in downtown Denver. Still have an original Scotchman T-shirt from the last night they were open! What an icon in the ultimate cruising scene!! Anybody remember the cop's name that worked there all the time?

3. It rained again this year, but main was still gridlocked
    Brings back memories

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

4. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, can't believe I missed this until now. I grew up on Berthoud, 1 town north of Longmont. I graduated high school in 2000 and we cruised Main a lot then. It was still a pretty big scene, drawing guys and girls from lots if neighboring towns.

I had an OT 4x4 with a pretty nasty 428 FE. Only trouble was the truck 4 speed. The 2-3 shift was next to impossible in a timely manner. So, when I got on Main, I'd lock the front hubs in and drive around in 4 wheel drive, low range and start in 3rd. That way I could make the 3-4 shift and run light to light, plus no tire spin. My big ass truck sure snuck up on lots of folks!

Glad to hear the ColoRODans having these cruise nights. I was very sad to hear they shut down cruising in '06. Medians everywhere now to keep you from turning.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014