Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone ever build a Morris Minor?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 1, 2015.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I think the twin cam lotus would fit, its pretty small, and, well, ITS BRITISH for crissakes! The Alfa might be a tighter squeeze, they are a fair whack larger.
    If it were mine, I would either A) put my FE in it, or B) do a road-racey deal like that one James D posted, but with gen III with a roller in it that would frighten dogs and small children, and four downdraft Dellorto 48's. I'm kinda liking option B!
    Or if price were no object, maybe an offy?

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

As long as were dreaming; how about a Hartley/Hayabusa V8.

[​IMG]

3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Awwwwwwww,come on HRP.You KNOW you`re gonna do it.Pull the trigger.:p
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

denny, have you ever seen that youtube video of those guys from the Czech republic with Hayabusa powered Fiat? I'll try to find it and pm it to you. Hilarious!

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Nope, but the turbo Hayabusa in a Smartcar will entertain ya too.

6. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

How about one of those little V8 Daimler Hemi's, that is kind of a period engine to go in a period car sort'a made for each other

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I've seen that one too. I just love the enthusiasm of the guys with the Fiat. Its REALLY what playing with cars is all about, for me anyway, that wacky, giddy slightly hysterical feeling just as you come over the crest of the first hill on the roller coaster. You know you probably shouldn't be doing this, and it makes no sense whatsoever, and its definitely illegal, but HERE WE GOOOOO! It crosses borders and transcends all the pretentious BS. If you get it anyway.

chessterd5 likes this.
  8. fatboy tim

fatboy tim
    from Edinburgh

Had a few of these as looked like baby Willys.

Best bet is hopped up A series like a 1340 with perhaps a wee Shorrocks blower, toyota 5 speed box fits plus telescopic shock conversion. Keeps it simple and can give the SBC crew a fright at the lights.

Martin Harris likes this.
  9. A little update on the Morris Minor,the owner doesn't have a title and never registered the car and the South Carolina DMV is super anal when it comes to title paperwork. HRP

10. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Sounds like maybe you'd be better off moving along for the next wacky ride , lol

11. I'm starting to think the same thing Allen,as cool as it is without paperwork I could never register the car and use on the streets,now if I wanted to build a drag car that would be different. HRP

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Drag car , true ...

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. What if it were purchased by a Georgian, then passed on to you?

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I had a '60 Traveller from '65 to '68. I built an 1100cc (I think) with a shaved Sprite head and duel intake. It had a tube header from a MG Midget. I had a cam ground. I put the Morris wheel centers in 14" Chevy station wagon outers. I don't remember the tire size. It had Angela front brakes and some suspension work. It wasn't real fast but it would cherp the tires in second gear. I was going to college in Oakland and working in the Mother Lode in the summers. It was really fun to drive in both places and is by far the best car I owned for driving highway 17 to Santa Cruse. If I had one today I'd run a 151 Iron duke or a 153 or 181. I sold my '40 Chevy pickup to buy it and I sold it to buy a '49 Chevy pickup. I sold the '49 to buy a '70 Blazer that I still have. I'd trade the Blazer for the Morris.:D No I wouldn't.

Martin Harris and volvobrynk like this.
  15. brut4s

brut4s

The owner / builder's name is Sam Mallory he also had a '56 Vicky with a straight axel 427 hi riser. Both bad ass cars!

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Went to a one day swap meet in Red Deer Alberta and found this little gem. :)
    $3500 Canadian dollars OBO would bring it home. :cool:

20151010_151259 (2).jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  17. tons of these here in New Zealand had a few myself early Datsun/Nissan 1600/1800 engines are a common swap here Morris Marina disk brakes conversions are common to, lots of cars and parts for sale here they sold cars 2 doors and 4 doors, utes flat deck and wellside, vans, woodys and convertables here and there are plenty still on the road I see them every day. check out the New Zealand Trademe web site for parts and cars. Cheers

18. I forgot, I did see a traveler on ebay that was running a Miata drivetrain and suspension with a homemade frame.

19. dart165

dart165

Sketched this up for a project that ended up getting sold before getting finished... so feel free to build it like this ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. HA! That's me! You NEED that MM.

Might want to check the head room, though.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  21. Or, say, someone in the Volunteer State?

22. dudley32

dudley32

How'd I miss this...guess I'll share mine over here too!

SANY0002.JPG

SANY0003.JPG
    check out the Impala tail lights...