Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone else find something cool this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagedrags, Jul 19, 2009.

1. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

I got in trouble laughing at this post!!!!

I feel the same way, the house has been remodeled and she's still not happy!!

2. went to the swap in Belliville sat and sunday..sat picked up sweet early mustang rear seat for the topo..guy only had the bottom..went back sunday to get a rebuilt carb to start the hemi....guy stiffed me and didn't go get it like he said he would..walked around and found another early mustang rear seat...matched bottom and back..black..and a back of a diffrent pattern then the other 2 seats...but it had the hinges and metal work on it..so i ended up with a cool seat bottom, pleats run front to rear..seems to be not the norm, and a seat back and bottom that match and then the other odd seat back with the hinges and all...found $26 on the ground, so all total it cost me $38 for all 4 peices,,,now to get a back that matches the bottom i like..or get the odd back covered to match the bottom i like,,,all the seats are black, just 3 different material patterns:(.going to probably sell the the black matching set,,,mint too!!

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

want another one?? with wheels

5. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the Anco display that I also picked up this weekend.

It's gonna go great in the new garage!!

Vintagedrags

6. If he doesnt. I DO!!!... where are you?

7. bubba57

bubba57
    from k

Picked up a Cal-custom acclerator pedal cover and a water temp guage(new) for $6.

8. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

I just picked up an old Craftsman reel mower a couple of week ago. Cuts way too short for our yard. I've raised it as much as possible and it's still too short. Other than that it works great!

Attached Files:

9. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Love estate sales!

Here's my weekend score.
    An old Kennedy box.
    All of a sudden I'm becoming a toolbox collector.
    In the last several weeks I've picked up old Proto and Craftsman boxes too.

Attached Files:

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I think mine said Philadelphia on the wheel. I should check the other side to see if it says something else. It seems to cut a nice height. In my life there is no such thing as too short! Less mowing all the better! :D

I LOVE estate sales too! I buy so much junk! :D

Toolboxes are a favorite of mine too, $1 or $5--so cheap I just can't resist!

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Well, I got a 1960 South Bend drill press.1/2 chuck ,12 speed and the nice old man was selling all his stuff cause " I dont even buy a whole gallon of milk anymore". Good stories about hand making parts for ships the day after the Pearl Harbor bombing,Navy machinist for 30 years and then a shipyard rat in San Diego for another 20. After 3 hours of listening going WOW I heard him say "If you can get it in your car you can have it."
    I did. It took some doin cause that thing is HEAVY. Then he comes around the corner with about 40lbs of drill bits. He was impressed that I knew how to "dress" bits.
    I'm not going to lose contact with Larry.
    I will however insult the drill press because I'm not as good.

12. can i come over and help you drain that 30 pack:)