Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Screamin J Pito

Screamin J Pito

Don't remember if I've posted that I have a 53 Plymouth wagon but...here it is! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ from the shop or a bar.

2. sir_ely

sir_ely

Absolutely beautiful cars....love 'em all. Can't wait to pick up mine, so many ideas from this thread. My hat off to you all.

3. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

This was my 49 the day I got it home. Appearances can be decieving. It wasn't nearly as solid as it looks. I've been working on it on and off for 4 years now (between other things)

Attached Files:

• l.jpg
      l.jpg
      File size:
      41.8 KB
      Views:
  4. Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

I picked up a 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe last year and have slowly been making progress on it. Plan to return to as original condition as possible, we'll see. Working on brakes first, then electrical, then drivetrain and body and interior last. I have a beautiful picture of what it will be, in my mind. See album in my profile for pics of it the day I got it.

5. '52mildkustom

'52mildkustom
    from Forney Tx.

My 52

Attached Files:

6. My 48 Special Deluxe

Attached Files:

7. alicia-dusty

alicia-dusty

We are starting to wire our '47 windsor and I need to see your placement of the stater resistor, ignition box , voltage regulator and stuff. I don't have the front end on so I guess I'm just talking about the firewall. All help appreciated.

8. MLG

MLG

Here's my 46 Dodge pickup, just scored the running 241 Red Ram Hemi. Body work finished now.

Attached Files:

48 PLYMOUTH HEMI likes this.
  9. stewdecky

stewdecky
    from Kansas

I am new to the HAMB and this is my first reply. I did old Mopar stuff. I am in the process of working over my '46 Dodge WC pickup. I was going to put in a small block but i had a solid flathead 6 and thought why not keep the cool... so i am now putting dual carter BB carbs with dual exaust to give it some pep. If i can figure out the pic thing i will post a pick.

Attached Files:

52RAM108 likes this.
  10. michaelmoore

michaelmoore

i got a 30 4 dr sedan . pictures in album. cant get them on here

11. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

It's old Mopar frames in general.
    I was told by multiple people when I was considering a swap that it would be a waste. These frames are built SOLID. Takes an insane hit to bend one. Problem is that once they're bent they're still so rigid, you'll NEVER get it straight again.

12. blucar

blucar

I have been working on the '39 Plym shown in the pics for over 12 years, it is just about done.

Attached Files:

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I agree fully, the frame in my 51 Coronet Hearse is insanely massive, fully boxed with 8 inch wide rails... it's heavier then the frame in my 56 Merc COE or my 46 Ford bus!

Here you go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like you started with a really good car, I'm torn on rodding a really nice original, i usually rod the ones that are really far gone... but I do like what you are doing with it!

I have a soft spot for the 46-48 Plymouths and Canadian Dodges, have you ever seen the Plymouth bodied Canadian Dodges?

14. A buddy of mine is putting this one together.

Attached Files:

15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

That is flat amazing. Great job! I would have looked for a nicer car to start with! :D

16. Here's my pos 48... hardtailed it for shits and giggles. Its got a milkcrate interior... literally.

Attached Files:

17. Sanderson37

Sanderson37

My 29 dodge 4 door turned 2 door.

Attached Files:

18. Copy Cop

Copy Cop

i am still working on my 53 cranbrook when i can, i got a 318 for it that needs some love and a re-build other than that not much has really happened to it.
    when i got a 904 trans for it i was thinking about selling and picking up a 4 speed but i am not far enough to worry about that yet.

19. southcentraldodge

southcentraldodge

newbie here too,i just got a 47 dodge 5 window coupe,hoping to get some advice on a frame swap. i try and post pics of the ride when i figure out how

20. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

This is a weak mock up but its coming along my 30 Dodge 3 window it has a 331 Hemi, Halibrand, 33 plymouth grill, Channelled and going to b chopped. I have been working on the sub floor and the cowl steering. Prepping the motor this week also. Trying to make the round up.

Attached Files:

21. slickmick

slickmick

I am working on a 1934 Plymouth Coupe. The motor is a 315 Poly with 3 deuces. It is running the magic 3rd pedal with a 4 speed using a Wilcap adapter. I found this East of Carson City, NV.

Attached Files:

scotts52 likes this.
  22. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

32 p.b.

Attached Files:

23. riskybiz

riskybiz

This is my 39 Dodge D11s. It is a frame off restoration . Originally sold to a Charles in 39. Given to my father-in-law in 62. I bought it from him in 86 and now once again owned by a Charles.

Attached Files:

24. 49 Plymouth Cat

49 Plymouth Cat

Here's my 49 Plymouth Convt. pretty much all original soon to have a 270 Hemi transplant.

Attached Files:

25. CaptainGTX

CaptainGTX
    from Colorado

53 Dodge Coronet convertible that I bought from family of original owners in 2009. Was taken out of service in 1964 when it was just an eleven year old used car. After I figured out it's the oldest known surviving Dodge hemi ragtop, I decided to just preserve it. In addition to the 241 Red Ram engine, it has the Gyro-Torque transmission and a bunch of other factory options. Everything is original.

26. CaptainGTX

CaptainGTX
    from Colorado

Here's a better picture.

Attached Files:

48 PLYMOUTH HEMI likes this.
  27. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

I just found a 49 Plymouth and a 49 Desoto, both four doors for sale. Anyone looking pm me. I,m out of room for projects..

28. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

sweet, I have a 54 Plymouth Plaza 2 dr wagon in the works

29. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I posted on this tread before, but I think it was a while ago. Here is a picture of my 2 old Mopars.

The truck is a 50 Dodge mounted on an 80 Dodge 4zx4 chassis. It has a 360, 727, and a D44 front & 9 1/4 Sure Grip rear axle with 3:55 gears. The truck is my daily driver and is a work truck. It plows the snow off my driveway in the winter and hauls all kinds of stuff year around.
    The coupe is a 48 Plymouth that is now on a Dakota frame. It will be a street version of an early 60as dirt track car. I'm using the 3.9 V6 and 5 speed from the Dakota. I'm hoping to have it on the road this year. Gene

Attached Files:

30. lanny haff

lanny haff

Mine is in my avatar 33 PD coupe 48 dodge 230 3 2's cam milled head + split manifold. It has a wilcap adaptor to hook it to a GM 350 12 bolt posi rear chevy discs on the front. It had a 327 in it when I got it.